[SOLVED] Mouse / Mousepad issues

May 29, 2020
Recently my mouse / mousepad has had problems, the reason why i state both the mouse and mousepad is because i honestly don't really know which one is causing the problem. Although it might sound like a small problem it really affects my gaming experience. At first, i felt like my mouse was suddenly moving slower at the top part of the mousepad (since i use the top to middle part of it most of the time). I tried flipping the mousepad so that i could use the bottom part of it, and the movement went back to normal. But after awhile the problem came back, and at around the same time the rubber feet of my mouse also got torn up, this though happens about once a year since i grind it quite a lot through gaming. So this was not really a problem since i usually just purchase the exact same mouse every time it happens. For specifications i was using the Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime, but when i went to purchase a new one, i felt like getting a different mouse just to test it out so i got the Logitech G102 Prodigy. And since the problem with the mouse slowing down in movement i went ahead and got a new mousepad, since i replaced the two possible factors to the problem i had no doubts that the problem would be gone. At first the mouse's movement was back to normal but after awhile the problem came back. And i can't really just rotate around using the top and bottom part of the mousepad since i'm using the Logitech G640 for the mousepad and the bottom right of it had the Logitech G logo so if my mouse went over it the mouse would just get stuck since the logo wasn't made of the same material the mouse pad is made of.

If anyone can help me out with this problem please do, it's starting to get really devastating. Thanks

Solution
Appreciate the feedback, but i'm still confused. What am i looking for when i'm moving my mouse on another surface?

For whatever issues you are having to go away or change or stay the same. You said you don't know if the mouse was having an issue or your mousepad. So logically if you remove or change the mousepad and the mouse is still doing whatever you think the issues is, then it's the mouse. One of the basics of troubleshooting, you have two variables and don't know which is causing what, so remove one of them, in your case it's very easy to do, just take the mousepad off the desk and try something else.

And about the skates of the mouse, i knew it existed but didn't bother buying it when mine gets worn out and...
May 29, 2020
Check for tiny hairs blocking the mouse lense and dab isopropyl/ glass cleaner with a cotton swab to clean.

Cleaning mouse pad.

https://www.pcgamingrace.com/blogs/guides-resources/how-to-clean-your-gaming-mouse-pad

Or slightly damp cloth.
I appreciate the feedback but i don't think the lens is the problem since it's not really that the mouse cursor that's moving slow or anything regarding the sensors or anything. As for the mousepad's cleanliness, it's a brand new mousepad so i don't think it needs to be cleaned or anything and i have used the previous mousepad for years without cleaning it and it worked fine up to the point when the problem started to come up. And the current mousepad that i'm using is brand new so i've just been using it for a couple of weeks. Thanks again for the feedback though.

May 29, 2020
The mouse that i'm currently using does have a DPI Switch Button, but that's not the concern, i didn't misclick it or anything.

But since the current mouse that i'm using is the Logitech G102 Prodigy and not the Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime that i used for most of the years, i'll just try to save up and try to get that same mouse and see if the problem still persists. My guess is the rubber feet of the mouse i'm using currently might be uncompatible with the mousepad.

Thanks for the help and suggestions though. Appreciate it.

The mouse that i'm currently using does have a DPI Switch Button, but that's not the concern, i didn't misclick it or anything.

But since the current mouse that i'm using is the Logitech G102 Prodigy and not the Logitech G302 Daedalus Prime that i used for most of the years, i'll just try to save up and try to get that same mouse and see if the problem still persists. My guess is the rubber feet of the mouse i'm using currently might be uncompatible with the mousepad.

Thanks for the help and suggestions though. Appreciate it.

Why not simply try it on another surface, just on your desk, on a book, etc.. The pads on the mouse should not be rubber but plastic, and smooth plastic at that, maybe silicone. You also should not need to replace the whole mouse if the pads get worn out, most shapes are available online to buy. https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Skatez-Mousepads-Logitech-replacement/dp/B01HY597RA

Reactions: Anson Aldrino
May 29, 2020
Why not simply try it on another surface, just on your desk, on a book, etc.. The pads on the mouse should not be rubber but plastic, and smooth plastic at that, maybe silicone. You also should not need to replace the whole mouse if the pads get worn out, most shapes are available online to buy. https://www.amazon.com/Generic-Skatez-Mousepads-Logitech-replacement/dp/B01HY597RA
Appreciate the feedback, but i'm still confused. What am i looking for when i'm moving my mouse on another surface?

And about the skates of the mouse, i knew it existed but didn't bother buying it when mine gets worn out and instead go for a new mouse because i feared that installing the skates would be difficult / might cause problems if not done precisely.

For whatever issues you are having to go away or change or stay the same. You said you don't know if the mouse was having an issue or your mousepad. So logically if you remove or change the mousepad and the mouse is still doing whatever you think the issues is, then it's the mouse. One of the basics of troubleshooting, you have two variables and don't know which is causing what, so remove one of them, in your case it's very easy to do, just take the mousepad off the desk and try something else.

And about the skates of the mouse, i knew it existed but didn't bother buying it when mine gets worn out and instead go for a new mouse because i feared that installing the skates would be difficult / might cause problems if not done precisely.

I don't know of any mouse where changing the pads would do any damage or be harder than just peeling them off the bottom and sticking the new ones on.

Solution