Mouse moves but can't click (I'm desperate)

Rainin

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
I can open the start menu with the windows key, or if a press a certain button on my mouse. So it's really the lmb that seems to have issues, but again will work on the desktop, or in games.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Right click at Start button > select Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.....

sfc /scannow
> press Enter.

It will take quite sometime. When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports : (paraphrasing )

1. No integrity violation.
2. Found corrupt files and repair successfully.
3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If report is #1. Your solution lies elsewhere.
IF report is #2, go see if everything is now working ok.
If report is #3, please do the following........

Right click at Start button > select Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.....

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.

http://www.windows10forums.com/threads/i-cannot-left-click-my-start-button-only-a-right-click-works-and-does-not-give-you-the-same-info.4203/

similar advice to above

Colif

Win 11 Master
WHEA errors are hardware errors, often associated with CPU but can also be drivers. Have you cleaned inside case recently as it can be heat related.

Can you follow option one here: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5560-bsod-minidump-configure-create-windows-10-a.html
and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD

that creates a file in c/windows/minidump
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a cloud server and share the link here and someone will help you fix it :)

Rainin

Commendable
Sep 2, 2016
It's definitely not heat related, even when gaming it remains mid 40 degrees Celsius never over 50. It's rather clean, and my mouse works now. I deleted the last two recent windows updates, and did the sfc/scannow which said there was no errors but I can now click