Question Mouse moves cursor and scrolls okay, but doesn't click ?

TeoTH

Commendable
May 3, 2019
I have been using my Cooler Master MM531 for the past 1 year and 11 months, and recently it is starting to show some problems.
It's plugged into the back of the motherboard along with Keyboard, but somehow it is the only one with problems.
I can move it around, I can scroll just fine, but often time when I try to left/right/middle click it just doesn't respond.
I've reinstall the driver but to no avail. If I unplug it and try a different port it works for some time, then it stops working after a while. (from seconds to minutes, doesn't seem to have any repeating pattern)
I've tried it on another computer and it seems to work, I'm currently using a back-up and it works fine.
There was a double clicking problem a few weeks ago, I've opened it but the repair didn't yield any result. (though it went away by itself like a few days ago)
Now it works by chance, either it works or it doesn't.
What could be the problem?

Edit: When it works the DPI will be lower than what I set it to

Mobo: Asrock B450 Pro4
PSU: EVGA 600W white
Mouse: CM MM531

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
"I've tried it on another computer and it seems to work ".

Keyword being "seems".

Do some additional testing on other known working computers.

If the mouse continues to have problems then it is likely that there is some intermittent failure inside the mouse.

Could be a wire problem inside the mouse's USB plug.

Next time the mouse works or stops working gently wiggle, twist, bend, the mouse's USB cable from end to end. Determine if doing so causes the mouse to again work or stop working (no click responses).

TeoTH

Commendable
May 3, 2019
"I've tried it on another computer and it seems to work ".

Keyword being "seems".

Do some additional testing on other known working computers.

If the mouse continues to have problems then it is likely that there is some intermittent failure inside the mouse.

Could be a wire problem inside the mouse's USB plug.

Next time the mouse works or stops working gently wiggle, twist, bend, the mouse's USB cable from end to end. Determine if doing so causes the mouse to again work or stop working (no click responses).

Mouse is faulty apparently. Let my parents used it for a while and it stops working after a few minutes. (same thing, can move and scroll but click doesn't work)
I guess it's time to replace it huh.

But hey, at least it's not the PC failing.