Mouse Problem - Not Quite On Topic

bill

Got a problem with my mouse and Agent. When I had Agent running on my
Dell with Windows ME, when I had the cursor over a pane in agent, that
was the active pane. I switched to XP and lost that capability. Now
when I move the cursor from pane to pane I have to "click" the left
botton on the mouse once to switch the active pane.

The mouse is a Dell Logitech Wireless mouse. I contacted Agent and
they said it was a function of the mouse drivers. Not their problem,
I upgraded the driver when I installed XP.

Bill <bnospamgross@nospam.airmail.net> wrote:

>Got a problem with my mouse and Agent. When I had Agent running on my
>Dell with Windows ME, when I had the cursor over a pane in agent, that
>was the active pane. I switched to XP and lost that capability. Now
>when I move the cursor from pane to pane I have to "click" the left
>botton on the mouse once to switch the active pane.
>
>The mouse is a Dell Logitech Wireless mouse. I contacted Agent and
>they said it was a function of the mouse drivers. Not their problem,
>I upgraded the driver when I installed XP.

Have you installed/are you using the Logitech Mouseware Program?
Dunno what version it is up to, but it allows you to configure
your Logitech mouse more finely than the default generic MS mouse
program. I've had 9.60 for quite a while now.

My Logitech optical, but wired, Dell branded mouse has always
operated in Agent the way you describe. Now, in the "Buttons"
tab of the Mouseware program, there is a box you can check/not
check "Use MS Office Compatible Scroll only." I don't have it
checked. Maybe if you check it, it will go back to working like
it did with WinME.

The same question was brought up once upon a time in the Agent
self-help newsgroup [alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent] but
aging memory fails me on the eventual resolution. So the above
is the best shot I can offer.

[OK checked, they're up to 9.79 Build 25 now, and you can go here
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/categories/US/EN,CRID=1792,
find the mouse you have and click on it to get where you can
DL/update your Mouseware program.]
--
OJ III

bill

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 17:37:06 -0500, Ogden Johnson III
<oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Bill <bnospamgross@nospam.airmail.net> wrote:
>
>>Got a problem with my mouse and Agent. When I had Agent running on my
>>Dell with Windows ME, when I had the cursor over a pane in agent, that
>>was the active pane. I switched to XP and lost that capability. Now
>>when I move the cursor from pane to pane I have to "click" the left
>>botton on the mouse once to switch the active pane.
>>
>>The mouse is a Dell Logitech Wireless mouse. I contacted Agent and
>>they said it was a function of the mouse drivers. Not their problem,
>>I upgraded the driver when I installed XP.
>
>Have you installed/are you using the Logitech Mouseware Program?
>Dunno what version it is up to, but it allows you to configure
>your Logitech mouse more finely than the default generic MS mouse
>program. I've had 9.60 for quite a while now.
>
>My Logitech optical, but wired, Dell branded mouse has always
>operated in Agent the way you describe. Now, in the "Buttons"
>tab of the Mouseware program, there is a box you can check/not
>check "Use MS Office Compatible Scroll only." I don't have it
>checked. Maybe if you check it, it will go back to working like
>it did with WinME.
>
>The same question was brought up once upon a time in the Agent
>self-help newsgroup [alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent] but
>aging memory fails me on the eventual resolution. So the above
>is the best shot I can offer.
>
>[OK checked, they're up to 9.79 Build 25 now, and you can go here
>http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/categories/US/EN,CRID=1792,
>find the mouse you have and click on it to get where you can
>DL/update your Mouseware program.]

Download the TweakUI powertoy for XP.
On the mouse settings page there is a setting called "activation follows
mouse (X-Mouse)" Check it and it will do what you want.

--
Steve Williams

Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed
Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh,
he'd have become a vegan.

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 20:38:32 -0500, "Steve W." <Dugdug56@what.com>
wrote:

>Download the TweakUI powertoy for XP.
>On the mouse settings page there is a setting called "activation follows
>mouse (X-Mouse)" Check it and it will do what you want.

Didn't solve the problem. Acutally the problem is with Applications
such as Forte~ Agent. It has three panes in one window. When I
running Agent the computer (OS/Drivers/etc.) and am woking in one
pane, it's happy. It considers all three panes as the same thing,
when they are not.

TRENDING THREADS