Question Mouse randomly starts feeling delayed and Floaty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2019
So for the past month ive had this issue where my mouse would randomly start feeling off and inaccurate, like it isn't stuttery or anything it just feels like i can't fully control it, its weird tho because it will work fine for a while and then all of a sudden it will just start feeling floaty like im dragging it through mud, its not mouse acceleration and its isnt my mouse that the problem since ive tried 3 different mouses and still the same issue, I've got rid of Realtek sound drivers as i thought that was the issue but it wasn't

specs;
amd r3 2200g
gtx970 g1 gaming
8gb ram
1tb hdd
128gb ssd

Ralston18

Titan
Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Open one or the other and slide the window to one side. Game/work as normal.

Watch carefully and you may catch whatever is causing the delay.

My thought is that some background app is trying (unsuccessfully) to phone home, backup, or update.

Process Explorer may also be of help but you may need to download it from Microsoft's website.

Oct 16, 2019
Use Task Manager or Resource Monitor to observe system performance.

Open one or the other and slide the window to one side. Game/work as normal.

Watch carefully and you may catch whatever is causing the delay.

My thought is that some background app is trying (unsuccessfully) to phone home, backup, or update.

Process Explorer may also be of help but you may need to download it from Microsoft's website.
i reinstalled windows 10 3 times and I believe that the issue cant be a background task otherwise reinstalling windows would've fixed it

Ralston18

Titan
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

First to get a sense of the error codes, warnings, and informational events being logged therein.

And, secondly, to know how to go back and look again the next time you feel that loss of mouse control.

Likewise you can use Task Manager or Resource Monitor in the same manner. Ready to open and look....

With regards to the Windows reinstalls; does the mouse work normally at all after a reinstall? If so, block Windows updates for a few days. If no problems then let Windows update again. Determine if the problem returns.

Oct 16, 2019
Look in Reliability History and Event Viewer.

First to get a sense of the error codes, warnings, and informational events being logged therein.

And, secondly, to know how to go back and look again the next time you feel that loss of mouse control.

Likewise you can use Task Manager or Resource Monitor in the same manner. Ready to open and look....

With regards to the Windows reinstalls; does the mouse work normally at all after a reinstall? If so, block Windows updates for a few days. If no problems then let Windows update again. Determine if the problem returns.
The mouse seems to work fine in windows itself however as soon as i go in a game it feels weird and delayed, i have raw input on, also there is a yellow tringle next to my cpu cores in device manager with the message "
Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (Code 37)" i dont know if that might be the issue

Oct 16, 2019
Code 37.

Go to the following link: multiple possible fixes - some of which have been tried.

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-fix-code-37-errors-2619237

Do not do any registry edits. Registry editing is a last resort and only to be attempted if you are prepared to do a full system recovery.

Where multiple mice have had had the same problem then USB may be the source cause.
Do you recon it could be my motherboard? i was thinking ram because the whole system has been weird like youtube has been freezing when multitasking, ive tried the front panel usb aswell therefore i dont know if it is a motherboard issue, bare in mind this is a new motherboard only 2 month old as ive had to replace it due to the failure of the old one. The issue is nothing like anything described online i couldnt find anything it legit happened out of nowhere when i was in the middle of a game 2 month age and hasnt disappeared since

Ralston18

Titan
The "wild card" is that the problem occurs in games.

All I can think of, for the moment, is for you to take a closer look at the games you are playing.

Compare the games' recommended hardware specs to your system.

Games generally list three sets of specifications: minimal, recommended, and best. Overall, you do not want minimal and you do want as much "best" as you can afford.

No harm in posting those games by name: may prove helpful.

And I am also going to move your post to PC Gaming. Someone may recognize the problem and be able to offer potential fixes or other troubleshooting suggestions.

Oct 16, 2019
The "wild card" is that the problem occurs in games.

All I can think of, for the moment, is for you to take a closer look at the games you are playing.

Compare the games' recommended hardware specs to your system.

Games generally list three sets of specifications: minimal, recommended, and best. Overall, you do not want minimal and you do want as much "best" as you can afford.

No harm in posting those games by name: may prove helpful.

And I am also going to move your post to PC Gaming. Someone may recognize the problem and be able to offer potential fixes or other troubleshooting suggestions.
i don't believe its anything to do with the game, the game i experience this in is fortnite and it has been working fine for over a year with a consistent 150-220 fps on low settings, i didn't change anything just all of a sudden the mouse started feeling off and inaccurate

Status
Not open for further replies.