Question Mouse starts moving around randomly on its own can't control it

Jul 3, 2019
Hi everyone.

I have a built-in mouse touchpad in my HP Probook 6550b laptop. But about a year ago the pointer started to move around randomly and the touchpad would become uncontrollable. I would the move the mouse around randomly until it stopped. But it started to happen every now and then. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mouse driver (Synaptics PS/2 Port Touchpad) but to no avail. Then I bought a USB mouse for my laptop, a normal Dell optical USB mouse. But when I plugged it in and after some use it started to behave in the same way. After that I reinstalled my Windows 7 but the problem still persists. I have checked the mouse on another PC and it worked fine. Please help me.

P.S: Another strange thing that is happened that my mouse touchpad has developed another problem. When I try to use it the mouse just moves vertically up and down the screen but can't move it across the screen. I think that my touchpad is broken.

Yep sounds like touchpad hardware issue issue. Unhook it from the motherboard, should be OK then, of course you'll need to use an external mouse. Those things usually have a separate connection than the keyboard so just disconnecting the touchpad should work.