Question Mouse stops working randomly

Sep 19, 2020
Mouse stops working randomly, and when gaming, crashes USB ports or neighboring devices in USB ports.

My mouse will stop working randomly, sometimes it's just for a second like a little hiccup but other times it'll not move at all for about 2-5 seconds and it is accompanied by the windows USB plug and unplug sound. When I play a game, specifically call of duty modern warfare, the USB port that the mouse is plugged into will crash. When it was in the back of my computer the USB port with the mouse would crash my headphones and keyboard which would cause me to lose sound and have my character walk into a wall as if I was lagging.

To make sure it wasn't my computer that was having problems, I moved the mouse around and the problem only appeared in the ports the mouse was plugged into.

View: https://imgur.com/a/kEkAfpS

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600x
MB: ASRock b450 pro4
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1070 TI 8GB GDDR5 Turbo Edition

Ralston18

Titan
My thought is a problem mouse USB plug or perhaps a problem along the cable or where the cable enters the mouse.

Make and model mouse? Age, condition?

Does the mouse crashing in any USB port(s) also include doing so on other known working computers?

Have you tried reinstalling the applicable mouse drivers? Manually download the current drivers via the manufacturer's website.

Reinstall and reconfigure.

Windows 10: Look in Reliability History for mouse related error codes, warnings, or even informational events.

Sep 19, 2020
My thought is a problem mouse USB plug or perhaps a problem along the cable or where the cable enters the mouse.

Make and model mouse? Age, condition?

Does the mouse crashing in any USB port(s) also include doing so on other known working computers?

Have you tried reinstalling the applicable mouse drivers? Manually download the current drivers via the manufacturer's website.

Reinstall and reconfigure.

Windows 10: Look in Reliability History for mouse related error codes, warnings, or even informational events.
It's a g-wolves hati HT-M classic. It's about 10-8 months old. the condition seems to fine besides the times it freezes periodically. If I shake I don't hear any rattling, or moving the part of the cord that's near the mouse doesn't make it stop working.

I don't have any other computers to try it on. I have a laptop but it's dead and the charger is broken.

Yes, I have tried reinstalling the drivers, it didn't help for long but I can try again.

Ralston18

Titan
Are you able to borrow another mouse to try on your computer - even an old mouse.

Hopefully one that will work enough to demonstrate stable performance and eliminate your computer as a potential culprit.

Anything in Reliability History? Look for mouse related entries.