Mouse stuttering badly

ajhockey

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
Hey guys,

I have a solid Windows 10 PC that I use at home all the time with a wireless USB mouse that works fine. It's a relatively simple mouse, but it gets the job done. I've now tried using a wired USB mouse (around the same price) and I'm getting significant stuttering issues.

I have tried multiple mice as well as multiple surfaces. I have tried updating the mouse drivers and checking the mouse settings. I have tried the mouse on another friend's PC and it worked fine. I have tried four or five different USB ports all with the same results.

Can anyone help? I have some a solid amount of research and no solutions that I've found online have fixed my problems yet. Keep in mind that my other mouse works fine, so it's odd that this one all of a sudden doesn't work.

This mouse also works fine on my friend's Windows 10 PC and my Windows 10 laptop.

Thanks for any help provided.

Solution
I would suspect some "perfect storm" of processes/services with respect to the problem mouse.

No errors or warnings anywhere - correct?

Go into Task Manager, check all of the tabs. Determine what all is running when the mouse "stutters" and how much resources are being taken up by anything that is running.

Look for processes, services, etc. that seem unusual or are demanding some high level of resource.

See if the offender is something really needed: could be some crapware that managed to get itself installed. Or an older buggy version of some application. Something trying to "phone home".

All unique to your Windows 10 PC.

Explore and post accordingly.,

Ralston18

Titan
I would suspect some "perfect storm" of processes/services with respect to the problem mouse.

No errors or warnings anywhere - correct?

Go into Task Manager, check all of the tabs. Determine what all is running when the mouse "stutters" and how much resources are being taken up by anything that is running.

Look for processes, services, etc. that seem unusual or are demanding some high level of resource.

See if the offender is something really needed: could be some crapware that managed to get itself installed. Or an older buggy version of some application. Something trying to "phone home".

All unique to your Windows 10 PC.

Explore and post accordingly.,

Solution