[SOLVED] Move Documents From SSD to HDD

Rex_Ryan

Prominent
Nov 21, 2019
Hi, currently I want move Documents from SSD to HDD, so if game save it will save to HDD or any mod I added like The Sims 4 will be on HDD, but I have questions
- If I move Documents from SSD to HDD and my games installed on SSD, so when it loaded from save data (save data on HDD, games on SSD) it affect speed load, map load setting ?

Solution
Assuming that you are following one of those guides to change* where your Windows user's Document folder linked to - Yes, they'll load from HDD if you move them to HDD, but any impact on speed should be minimal for most games, if it's just save file and not things like cache.

Try it out and see if it works for you.

(*For the sake of completeness: Without that, the most likely result would be losing your games' configuration and save files, until you put them back to where they were.)

JWNoctis

Reputable
Jun 9, 2021
Assuming that you are following one of those guides to change* where your Windows user's Document folder linked to - Yes, they'll load from HDD if you move them to HDD, but any impact on speed should be minimal for most games, if it's just save file and not things like cache.

Try it out and see if it works for you.

(*For the sake of completeness: Without that, the most likely result would be losing your games' configuration and save files, until you put them back to where they were.)

Solution