Moved Home Built Computer and Now It Won't Turn On

BloodyDream3

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
I had my computer plugged up and all in my room, I turned it on and it worked just fine, but then I shut it down. I moved the computer and my TV to a friends house, I was sitting in the backseat with them so I know they weren't jostled or anything. However, the door kind of hit the computer when I closed it. I get to their house and the TV works fine, but the computer wouldn't turn on. I've now moved it back home and it still won't. I've made sure that all of the cords on the inside are hooked up and everything, but I don't know what else to check. I wouldn't have thought that moving it would mess it up, but that's the only thing i can think of. I'm not really sure what to check though.

TheMaudDib

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
The only thing i think you an do is to start removing components and see if you can find the culprit

RAM (leave 1 in, rotate through first slot) > HDD's > GPU (or gpu to diff slot) > cords and case connections, any other cards or addons

Basically narrow it down that way

Edit: YES the psu switch lol, definitely check the small things before you get invasive

BloodyDream3

Honorable
Nov 13, 2012
hey guys, I'm not stupid ;) I checked the psu switch first, and I've unplugged and replugged in a lot of cables, but I'll try the components next. I was just checking to make sure nothing was permanently broken. I'm sick and just got off of work so I'll let you folks know tomorrow.

USAFRet

Titan
We realize you are not stupid. But it had to be asked, as that is a common fail.

But to your original problem:
It was working
You moved it, bumping into a door at one point.
Now it doesn't work.

All indications point towards something being disconnected.