[SOLVED] Moving from a 1080p laptop to 24 inch monitor

PedroL2000

Reputable
Feb 1, 2021
So, I finally built my first PC since I've always played on a laptop. I'm loving everything, but one thing makes me a bit uncomfortable: the resolution. I'm used to play at 1080 in a 17inch display and now I'm playing on a 1080 24 inch monitor, therefore, for obvious reasons, the image is less sharp, which is quite noticeable. During games it's fine, but whenever I'm reading text (google, discord, work files) or watching content (youtube, netflix) I miss a bit my old display. So I will ask: is it just a matter of getting used to it, I mean, would this difference become irrelevant and unnoticeable through time? And is there a big difference between a 1080p 24 inch display and a 1440p 27inch display?

Solution
I don't have a problem with sharpness on my 24 inch display, also rocking 1080p. You want to go into the monitor settings and look for a sharpness option, this is really the only thing you can do that can help.

jeremy0118

Distinguished
Feb 29, 2016
I don't have a problem with sharpness on my 24 inch display, also rocking 1080p. You want to go into the monitor settings and look for a sharpness option, this is really the only thing you can do that can help.

Solution