Feb 24, 2019
I'll be moving to Japan in just a few weeks. I decided on bring my pc setup with me.(Pc, Monitor, speakers, nanoleaf, etc.) I currently run Corsair RMx 750w ATX Power Supply. However, in Japan, the electrical voltage is 100v, unlike North America 120v. Most plugs are non-polarized and ungrounded with two pins. What would be the best option for me to power up my pc once I move to Japan? Will I need to purchase a voltage transformer or try to possibly find and purchase a 2 pin power cable for my psu?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Solution
I'll be moving to Japan in just a few weeks. I decided on bring my pc setup with me.(Pc, Monitor, speakers, nanoleaf, etc.) I currently run Corsair RMx 750w ATX Power Supply. However, in Japan, the electrical voltage is 100v, unlike North America 120v. Most plugs are non-polarized and ungrounded with two pins. What would be the best option for me to power up my pc once I move to Japan? Will I need to purchase a voltage transformer or try to possibly find and purchase a 2 pin power cable for my psu?

Thanks in Advance!!!

Modern powersupplies units(especially yours) automaticly detect and adjust the voltage needed.
Plug and play:)

Thanks in Advance!!!

Modern powersupplies units(especially yours) automaticly detect and adjust the voltage needed.
Plug and play:)

Reactions: raiga
Solution
Feb 24, 2019
Grounding is a human safety feature, doesn't affect electronics. If ur lucky all u need is a prone adapter. If u need to buy a step-up trans, probably better just to get another PSU specific for 100v.

I was thinking maybe a prone adapter for my monitor and speakers. How reliable will that be?

Edit: I actually just called corsair asking what would be the best option. They told me that the psu already has some kind of system installed to automatically adapt to the specific voltage of that region. So all i need to buy is a prone adapter. Will this actually work without a voltage transformer and will it be safe/not damaging?

Last edited: