Mozilla Loses Another Lead Personality: Alex Faaborg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]The FF UI is following chrome's minimalist design. He must be pretty bored and decided to use his design talents elsewhere.[/citation]

They will design it how people want it - if people want minimalist design then thats what they get. If they start changing it in a way people don't like, people will find a browser that fits their needs better.

Pretty simple stuff mate, showing your idiocy on the internet isn't funny or 'cool'.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
They're not leaving because Mozilla sucks. They're leaving because they're now famous and experienced enough to work in a larger, more profitable company (FB?). Makes sense!

[citation][nom]Goldengoose[/nom]They will design it how people want it - if people want minimalist design then thats what they get. If they start changing it in a way people don't like, people will find a browser that fits their needs better.Pretty simple stuff mate, showing your idiocy on the internet isn't funny or 'cool'.[/citation]

NOBODY "wanted" the dumbed down new FF design. At least we don't have to switch from it, we can revert to normal look.

gti88

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2009
Chrome "minimalist" design means that user have to spend more time to get access to different settings and functions. I've got FF 7.0.1, but it looks and works exactly like 3.6. "Add-on compatibility reporter" helps a lot.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]NOBODY "wanted" the dumbed down new FF design. At least we don't have to switch from it, we can revert to normal look.[/citation]

I'm sure Mozilla will have done a lot more research into what people want from their browser then your 5 minutes of reflective time. What you don't understand is the majority of users aren't power users - from the way current browser trends are going the average user wants security, speed and a clean finish (minimalist). This want will be completely different to what the majority of tomshardware users would want from a browser.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]Oh no, not another "not all users are power users" troll. GTFO right now.[/citation]

Wow you really don't like criticism.

You'd have to agree, not all users ARE power users, so why would you dislike it so much? It's a perfectly legitimate observation...

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
[citation][nom]gti88[/nom]Chrome "minimalist" design means that user have to spend more time to get access to different settings and functions. I've got FF 7.0.1, but it looks and works exactly like 3.6. "Add-on compatibility reporter" helps a lot.[/citation]
In my experience, that's not so. I have FF as a secondary browser, and I use the default toolbar settings and such, though I disabled addon compatibility checking.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

Because it's a stupid excuse. You don't have to be a "power user" to know how to use your PC efficiently; most of the people I know loathe Chrome's dumbed down UI. They want the menu bar, the additional panels, etc.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
@amk : I don't like Chrome... version 12... when its really version 2.x.
FF-today (because *I* don't know what it is anymore) since version 4.0, its UI is a copy of Opera 10~11.5x. Just look at the screen shots.

IE9 UI is a copy off of FF4, but with stupid elements if IE8 and a tiny stupid URL bar that is mixed with the tabs...

Kama-sama

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
Ouch. And in addition to the two other mentioned departures in 2011, Aza Raskin left at the end of 2010. Some big shoes to fill for the current staff. The good news is that Alex is now working on a product I use almost as much as Firefox -- Android.

Status
Not open for further replies.