Mozilla May be Aiming For a Firefox Games Platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

Netherscourge

Distinguished
May 26, 2009
After seeing how annoying the BF3 Battlelog is, I can honestly say I don't want a web browser having anything to do with my gaming - either directly as a platform or as a launcher.

Games are better as individual programs, not Web Browser apps.

Just my 2 cents.

rawful

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
That depends on the type of games, and the way it is written. This sounds more like the games will actually run within the browser, like a flash game.

G

firefox is already a bloated insecure memory hogging mess. wtf would they want to make it even worse. It seems they have forgotten the legacy that saw netscape navigator dwindle into obscurity and are slowly retreading the same path to oblivion.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]Wow, seriously, a gamer.. a "Serious" game... You sound like a "serious" gamer? As if being a "Serious" gamer is something like a being a knight, a man of honor? Wow, you are joking!Maybe be you could stick a label or even put a tattoo on your forehead: "Proud to be a gamer..." (...or "loser" if you prefer)Nerds are funny!!![/citation]

Actually, it is :D Serious gamers have their own code of honor.

Oh yeah, almost forgot: GTFO troll.

billybobser

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2011
Has i7 + gtx580,

plays games in browser.

Seriously though, with no installed data how are these games going to be any good?

Perhaps, they can get deals to play huge games in the browser (think, sonic / mario/ pokeman/ streets of rage II)

That would be fun, add revenues to the old titles that are no longer commonly available through legal means.

I think a browser should be capable of handling ps1/n64 games without a typical browser port. Kidding themselves if they think they can 'stream' something like BF3 or Skyrim to any enjoyable level.

valu3hunt3r

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
I use Firefox to browse the net, not to play games (with exception to web based games on a webpage loaded in Firefox).
Adding a Games Platform to Firefox will only give the browser extra bloat that it doesn't need.

I wouldn't mind if installation of it (like an add-on or alternatively alongside the base of the program) were voluntary and you can choose not to install it.

sissysue

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2011
[citation][nom]Zingam[/nom]Wow, seriously, a gamer.. a "Serious" game... You sound like a "serious" gamer? As if being a "Serious" gamer is something like a being a knight, a man of honor? Wow, you are joking!Maybe be you could stick a label or even put a tattoo on your forehead: "Proud to be a gamer..." (...or "loser" if you prefer)Nerds are funny!!![/citation]
No, Xbox boy, a serious gamer does not was his or her time on stupid phone games or the vast majority of console games too. The serious gamers still prefer the PC and I would say games like SkyRim and the excellent mod community would be one of them. Now go back into your moms basement little boy.

lazygordon

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Is not the concept of a "Serious Gamer" an oxymoron?

If the phrase "Intolerant loner with delusions of grandeur" is substituted, then several of the above posts make much more sense....

mildgamer001

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2011
by serious gamer i think he meant non-casual gamer, as in not obsessed with ur idiots little over priced POS iphones and Wii's. And gamers aren't really nerds either troll, basicly everyone, "serious gamer" or otherwise, playes some sort of videogame, and although there are still many antisocial, creepy, does-nothing-else gamers out there, but they are usually not smart enough to be on these kinds of forums where i would hope people could be slightly mature and not annoying wierdo's.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
Mozilla, just dump the damn rapid release schedule, and focus on reducing ram usage and making pages load even faster (admittedly, it's already good enough, and FF9.0.1 is my main browser). Apps are stupid and easily forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.