Mozilla Sends Cake to Microsoft IE Team for IE10 Congrats

Status
Not open for further replies.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
Once you take away the greedy money managers and let the techs have at it the world gets a bit sunnier.
Nice gesture on both parts that shows some class !

bak0n

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
In response Microsoft was found discussing how to legally kill all those involved with Firefox. Oh wait. That was Apple but Steve Jobs is gone now. Let the Love continue!

Estix

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
Really, though, IE10 is good for Firefox (and Chrome, and Opera, and Safari), as it will mean more sites will go towards standards-compliance, and will make more HTML5 features usable to devs :)

gilgamex

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2010
[citation][nom]house70[/nom]"Isn't it lovely when everyone get's along?"It is lovely when everyone gets along.[/citation]

It's all about the get is, "get is" is all the rage these days, all the kids are doin it

dthx

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
I like that ! This is much nicer to read thant those neverending "xxxx" sued "yyy" stories we get to read most of the time.
We can be glad there's room for several browsers. The competition forces them all to become better with every release. I remember a time when Netscape had the only browser ... it was almost as stable as our 14.4k modem connection ...

alexmx

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
[citation][nom]ben_foster4520[/nom]my roomate's mother-in-law makes $62 hourly on the computer. She has been without a job for five months but last month her pay check was $20294 just working on the computer for a few hours. Go to this web site and read more ✦ genericurl.coℳ ✦[/citation]

*txk, tsk!*

Your roomate's mother-in-law might be a cam**ore

and article related, things like this make me think that there are still people who don't care about which team are they playing for, as long as the game is fair play

CocoHacker

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2011
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]I think the Mozilla staff justs wants a cake every 6 weeks instead of a cupcake.[/citation]

Hehe. Though the IE team were onto 'em :p

cscott_it

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
[citation][nom]cookoy[/nom]A cake in appreciation for a fierce but fair competition. Competing against the best brings out the best in us also.[/citation]

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm glad that there is a mutual respect despite the rivalry. I just wish that more professionals adopted this approach, rather than badmouthing their competitors and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.