[SOLVED] Mozilla Thunderbird can't read emails, displaying "File not found" in the emails content

aor999

Honorable
Jun 28, 2017
Hello:
I've brought a new computer with Windows 10 64-bit, and moved the HDD with all of the information to the new computer.
I installed Mozilla Thunderbird in Hebrew language, and redirect it to my old profile in my D: HDD, and all my emails and folders are in D: disk.
Now, all of my folders don't appearing, but the mails in the inbox appearing but unreadeable:
Thunderbird-can-t-read-and-display-emails.png

Note: The message means "File Not Found".
How I can restore my emails and folders so that Thunderbird would be used again? (You can explains me according to the English version)

Solution
The first question is how were you accessing your e-mail before: using IMAP or POP3?

If you were using IMAP you need not do any of what you're doing. When you set up your account afresh in Thunderbird (or any e-mail client) the messages on the server (or at least the headers for same) will all be synced to your client. The bodies are only fetched for recent messages and for older ones if/when you actually try to access them.

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
The first question is how were you accessing your e-mail before: using IMAP or POP3?

If you were using IMAP you need not do any of what you're doing. When you set up your account afresh in Thunderbird (or any e-mail client) the messages on the server (or at least the headers for same) will all be synced to your client. The bodies are only fetched for recent messages and for older ones if/when you actually try to access them.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS