MS Bluetooth Keyboard

gypsy182

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2003
After reading the excellent review of the MS Bluetooth Keyboard + Mouse I'm wondering how you can use them before Windows loads? eg in the BIOS etc. The review said you need to install specific windows drivers before they'll work...

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
exactly. If you want to use a keyboard to change BIOS settings, etc. you must keep your old PS/2 keyboard around for that purpose. The Bluetooth keyboard won't work until OS is loaded.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

arkus

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2003
I bought this set, and although it's very, very sweet, I get annoyed about not being able to change BIOS settings with it (or skip scandisk). It won't do anything until the bluetooth stack has loaded basically.

arkus

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2003
I've had mine about a month or so now and had absolutely zero problems, until it was time to change the batteries. I've got the mouse working again, but can't get the keyboard working - it seems to be found, and the passkey displayed but the keyboard can't enter any characters. One other concern is that if I use the Wireless Link from Control Panel the keyboard isn't recognised as such, it's listed as just a bunch of letters and numbers, not an MS B/T keyboard at all!

I've done all the usual (reinstall drivers, check batteries, power, other USB equipment, driver issues, MS knowledgebase) but still can't get the keyboard working....

Anyone got any advice besides returning it to the supplier and getting summat else?