MSFT: Xbox One Headset is a Must Have (But Not Included with Console)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dawolf74

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2009
@cerdecus

I have been using my PS3 as a media machine for years. This is nothing new. I stream all kinds of content through my home PC, laptop, android based phone, straight through my router, etc., and have for a long time. PS3 offered that level of functionality plus blu-ray at a cheaper price than xbox for years.

This is not "this is where things are going", it is where the PS3 has been for around a decade. XBOX is playing catch up.

BTW, I hate both companies with the fire of a thousand suns and will not buy either new console. Just pointing out the current technical capabilities.

hetneo

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011

How much does MS pay you for trolling?

nolarrow

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2011
I couldn't imagine the amount of distortion that you would have in game. As you speak the mic picks up the noise, and the noise of the tv of you and your allies speaking a minute ago and keeps everything in an infinite loop. Imagine all that trash noise with 32 plays in a game. barf.

nevilence

Distinguished
May 8, 2012

you forgot one
Alienate customer base - CHECK

jkflipflop98

Distinguished
It's just a comedy of errors at this point. It's like all the bigwigs involved in the Xbox sat in a meeting and figured the dumbest things they could possibly do, then set out to execute the list. Why would you thumb your nose at your customer at every turn?

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Xbone 180 was one of the worst attempts to bend customers over.
Oh, they've changed their minds now, how nice of them. Still they could not promise "it would work like that in the future", to activate console you still need to connect it to the internet.

And last but not least, streaming services like netflix have to go through microsoft's paywall. On PS4 there is no such restriction.

100$ more for slower hardware, forces kinect and no headset, from someone who was crying out loud that used games can not be passed over/sold without paying something to M$.

And how much does M$ pay you for trolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.