Question MSI 3080 - No Display (System Boots) HELP!

Nov 4, 2020
Hi All,

about at my wits end with this and hoping someone can help figure this out. Received my long awaited 3080 yesterday (got lucky to get one so soon) and swapped the cards over as I would normally do and have done many times before. With the 3080 installed the system boots (I can hear the pc connect to my Wi-Fi speaker which it normally does at the windows login stage) RGB turns on, card fans spin, but I can get no signal from the card to my monitor.

I have truly scoured every forum and tried everything I could find to fix the issue with no success. Strangely if I reinstall my old card (RX580) the whole system boots instantly with displays perfectly fine.

I'm running a fairly old board with an older CPU, as ill be moving to x570 and a Ryzen 5000 as soon as released (hopefully) so I'm wondering if a newer system will make it work but that doesn't feel right f, no reason this shouldn't work now?

Below is what I have tried -
Re installing old card - works fine
Re seating the card in the slot & cleaning the slot
Updating motherboard bios to newest version
Clearing all AMD display drivers
Clearing CMOS
Adjusting the monitor display settings
Different HDMI and Display Port cables
Sunning start-up in safe mode
Changing boot settings to safe mode

System -
Asus Prime B350 Plus
Ryzen 1600
32GB Vengeance RGB 3200 DDR4
Old card - RX580 Sapphire Pulse
New Card - MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080
Corsair RM750x power supply
NZXT X73 Cooler

At a complete loss at what to do, cant believe the card is dead but perhaps that's the only thing left. Does anyone have any idea at all what I could try?

Thanks

Jaseow

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2014
Hi I have a similar issue but with RX5700 gpu that works and an RTX 2070 that I can hear boot into windows and everything but no display signal.
Did u ever manage to fix your problem?