MSI 660Ti vs GTX 680

Status
Not open for further replies.

Movits

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
I am looking to get a new graphics card and I cannot decide which one to get, I game a decent amount, but I don't make videos or stream, but I may in the future. The two graphics card I have on my mind are the MSI 660Ti(non SLI) and the GTX 680, but I am open to other recommendations as well. PLEASE HELP!!!

-Movits

Solution
Here's my recommendation:

1) If you're only planning to play WoW for the time being, then get the 660Ti with the SSD. The difference you'll see in performance (windows start-up) is much more noticeable than the fps surplus you'll see with the 680.

2) If you think the SSD capacity isn't enough to satisfy your current needs and you are willing to buy one in the foreseeable future, get the 680 and wait for SSD prices to continue to drop. Cost-wise it's easier to replace storage than your GPU.

edit : You're really asking us to compare two graphic cards that aren't relatively close in price. The 680 of course is a less bang for your buck but you're only future proofing just that slight bit more.

Sumukh_Bhagat

Honorable
Nov 11, 2012
GTX 680 Rams GTX 660 Ti.
Get that 680, its worth it
Best single GPU out there. :)
BF3_02.png

Movits

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

P.S. If I get a 660Ti I can get an SSD, but if I get a 680 I won't be able to get an SSD

junnyeen

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Here's my recommendation:

1) If you're only planning to play WoW for the time being, then get the 660Ti with the SSD. The difference you'll see in performance (windows start-up) is much more noticeable than the fps surplus you'll see with the 680.

2) If you think the SSD capacity isn't enough to satisfy your current needs and you are willing to buy one in the foreseeable future, get the 680 and wait for SSD prices to continue to drop. Cost-wise it's easier to replace storage than your GPU.

edit : You're really asking us to compare two graphic cards that aren't relatively close in price. The 680 of course is a less bang for your buck but you're only future proofing just that slight bit more.

Solution

Movits

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012

Thanks!!! That really helps me.

Status
Not open for further replies.