Question MSI A320m pro-vd plus BOOT LED Display lights up but black and no display

JackFrostSekhose

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
Hello all
I recently build my own pc and here are the specs
Cpu ryzen 3 1200
Gfx card Gtx1050 Asus expedition
Ram hyper X 4 gigs
Mobo a320m pro-vd plus MSI

I've been using this pc without any problems for about 5 months now
Suddenly yesterday I decided to store the computer since I had exams but
After my exams after I reattached the cables which I removed from the back of the case (power cables etc) I didn't open the case for 5 months after building myself..... I only removed power cable, dvi cable and USB wires

But yesterday
I couldn't even POST
The ez debug led lit up the BOOT led
And i got a black display on the monitor
I don't think it's the cables problem because I did get the Dvi input symbol on the monitor when I pressed the power button on the case
The display would light up (led monitor) but it's all, black then there would be a small line on the top right which was normal but this time the line stood for like 2 secs and that's not normal and then the monitor would turn off...
I don't know what to do anyhelp would be appreciated

I don't have any technicians that can help me in my locality cause we dont usually deal with my spec kinda pc
Its not the best pc but a gtx 1050 here is considered A big deal

Thank you in advance

JackFrostSekhose

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
If connecting a bootable USB drive to the board and disconnecting the internal one, still same issue? Is the monitor connected to the graphics card (not to motherboard)?

So i shall try booting from a flash drive aka boot able usb?
I can't even post...
I didn't even get to bios
Yes
The cables are connected properly

JackFrostSekhose

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
It seems ok, so far. Try reinstalling the graphics card, connect all required PCIe power cables and monitor to it (not to the motherboard), start the board and see if any signal.

Well its a GTX 1050 it doesn't need external. Power supply...
I can't do the above mentioned step
The only power supply that the card gets is via the mobo

Last edited:

JackFrostSekhose

Prominent
Feb 12, 2019
So I found out what was wrong
Incorrect attachment of the cable to the monitor that's whats causing the black display..
And the pc got stuck on the boot led because I had to press F2 on the keyboard to load default values and continue to boot since I couldn't see the display i didnt know what to do.... Thank you guys
It worked