[SOLVED] MSI A520M PRO VH, Ryzen 5 5600g

Feb 7, 2018
I have a friend that has the MSI A520M PRO VH and Ryzen 5 5600g combo. I looked into the Mobo more and see that there is no BIOS update button, however he is having issues with there being no display. I’m pretty sure this is a Bios update issue, the question is, would I be able to use a 3000 series cpu to update it, and then swap the 5600g and use it fine? or does the 5600g not have support at all. Thank you

Solution
The 3000 series are supported since the first BIOS release for that board so it should work to update the BIOS. THe 5600G is not supported until a later BIOS version. If the BIOS has never been updated or came with an older version, then this is definitely your problem.
I have a friend that has the MSI A520M PRO VH and Ryzen 5 5600g combo. I looked into the Mobo more and see that there is no BIOS update button, however he is having issues with there being no display. I’m pretty sure this is a Bios update issue, the question is, would I be able to use a 3000 series cpu to update it, and then swap the 5600g and use it fine? or does the 5600g not have support at all. Thank you

Yes, that motherboard is compatible with Ryzen 3000 series.
You can get BIOS version and guide on the MSI support page for that board, as well as check CPU compatibility with linked required BIOS version.
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/A520M-PRO-VH/support#bios

The 3000 series are supported since the first BIOS release for that board so it should work to update the BIOS. THe 5600G is not supported until a later BIOS version. If the BIOS has never been updated or came with an older version, then this is definitely your problem.

Solution