MSI Also Integrating Creative Sound Blaster Cinema Audio on Certain Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3anister

Distinguished
May 18, 2006
While I'm not exactly a fan of anything "sound blaster" or "creative"; for a long time I've felt that on-board audio is tends to only be lacking in the software department. Really, all motherboards should have some level of software like this even if they use a normal Realtek 892/898.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Its an improvement, sure some integrated solutions have good snr ect but they commonly lack in the dynamics of the sound, the sound they produce are grey and lifeless. A dedicated sound-card worth mentioning from for instance creative or asus reproduce the sound with clarity and far better detail provided the listener is using a speaker/headphone than can convey that extra detail.

Even the latest Realtek audio chip is noticeably poorer quality sound than even an inexpensive sound card. You won't notice with crappy speakers though.

Most of the features like "Crystalizer" reduce the sound quality not improve it. Turn them off.

sten_gn

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2011
Last good sound card was SB Live 5.1 ... SB x-fi was working had some futures BUT it lacked of polishing. Under XP problems with front panel connectors and that lack of recognizing of games and normal software ...

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Still using my original X-Fi Xtreme Music, kind of sad how Creative sort of disappeared from the face of the earth. Whatever happened to EAX? I remember a time when all good PC games supported EAX and it did make a difference in sound. Good times.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]ojas[/nom]Not sure what those are, must try them out soon.[/citation]
I think they misspelled films as fims.

Now if they could make an amd based MINI ITX motherboard with sound blaster audio for HTPC.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]Soda-88[/nom]So, nothing more any motherboard bundled with THX TruStudio Pro can't do? Yawn...[/citation]Never used THX audio before, but I can tell you, with good speakers I can tell the difference between the onboard realtek and Sound blaster audio when watching movies and gaming.

spookyman

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
I would love to see great Audio intergrated on the Motherboard. Something that has been lacking the past few years.

Graphics are great but without immersive sound its a mute point.

virgult

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2013
Where is 24 bit sampling?
Where are low-noise ADCs and DACs?
Interference shielding?
Nothing, NOTHING is going to sound even remotely passable without at least 96 dB of measured SNR. No matter how many DSPs you throw at the problem.

johntierney

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011
Looks like Creative is into Realtek's territory but can it beat the latter's decades of mobo experience? How does it differ from other "software tricks" such as DFX? Creative spent a billion dollars and sold its headquarters to fab a 100-core "stemcell hypercomputer", ended up this: http://www.androidbenchmark.net/phone.php?phone=Ziilabs+HanZpad and this: http://glbenchmark.com/phonedetails.jsp?D=Creative%20HanZpad. I would rather wait for the real products than to believe in the sales pitch.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Sound Cards have been going out of style, and ASUS pretty much killed sound cards when they bought C-Media.
I have not considered Sound Blaster relevant since 2000. Wonder if anything has changed?

mckenziepiping

Distinguished
May 25, 2013
So I just got an msi GT70 2OC laptop which came with Sound Blaster Cinema pre-installed. Can somebody tell me why it is that when I'm gaming or listening to surround-sound capable files with a stereo headset, I don't hear surround sound? I thought Sound Blaster Cinema was supposed to supplement the Realtek soundcard in processing the audio so as to produce virtual surround sound that can be heard on a stereo headset?

Status
Not open for further replies.