Question MSI B450 Gaming Plus not max.Can I install an amd 5600 processor on it if I update the BIOS to the latest version or there will be some problems?

Hi
It may or may not be hassle free depending on what Os you are running.
On my son;s Msi B450 Pro Carbon going from a 3600 to a 5600x while still on Win 10 after the bios update (the first version for a 5000 series cpu's at that time which was also win 11 bios) Secure boot is set by Default.

So on Win 10 it would not boot, until I came across another forum thread it said to turn off secure boot and toogle back and fourth the CSM.then it finally booted.

If you are on Win 11 then it shouldn't be a problem. Remember to clear your Cmos after bios update, then reset your Ram to get started for optimizing.

Sep 13, 2024
Hi
It may or may not be hassle free depending on what Os you are running.
On my son;s Msi B450 Pro Carbon going from a 3600 to a 5600x while still on Win 10 after the bios update (the first version for a 5000 series cpu's at that time which was also win 11 bios) Secure boot is set by Default.

So on Win 10 it would not boot, until I came across another forum thread it said to turn off secure boot and toogle back and fourth the CSM.then it finally booted.

If you are on Win 11 then it shouldn't be a problem. Remember to clear your Cmos after bios update, then reset your Ram to get started for optimizing.
Thanks!

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2