[SOLVED] Msi B450 gaming pro carbon ac can handleRyzen 7 3700X oced well?

gigabyte2020

Honorable
Apr 14, 2016
Hey guys,
I want to do a ryzen build and since ryzen cpus prices went down; am looking forward on getting the ryzen 7 3700X but where am staying right now the motherboards are pretty expensive. I found many good reviews on the msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac, some said it can handles the r7 3700X pretty good, but is it really true? even if I wanted to oc the cpu by PBO or manually? (mostly by pbo since will be for heavy gaming and heavy recording too) (I know ryzen 7s don't have much of an oc headroom since some intel cpus can reach 5GHZ lol)
Thanks <3

Solution
That's a pretty solid board and it will handle a 3700X, even overclocked. Has the same VRM configuration as the B450 Tomahawk, which proved to be one of the best B450 boards out there. As far as OCing there's basically nothing better, unless you're looking at X470 or X570 boards.

You'll probably need to update the BIOS with the 3700X... fortunately on MSI boards there's the flashback feature which allows you to update the BIOS without a CPU installed.
That's a pretty solid board and it will handle a 3700X, even overclocked. Has the same VRM configuration as the B450 Tomahawk, which proved to be one of the best B450 boards out there. As far as OCing there's basically nothing better, unless you're looking at X470 or X570 boards.

You'll probably need to update the BIOS with the 3700X... fortunately on MSI boards there's the flashback feature which allows you to update the BIOS without a CPU installed.

Last edited:
Reactions: gigabyte2020
Solution