[SOLVED] MSI B550 GAMING CARBON WIFI BIOS FLASH BUTTON NOT WORKING

Sep 17, 2021
So i bought components to build a gaming pc from zero and i opted for a ryzen 5 5600x paired to a b550 gaming carbon. I knew i would have to flash the bios so i did the research in how to do it, however, everytime i tryed the flash led just would keep going without ever stopping. I tried about everything i read on the forums until the time that the flash led wouldn´t react anymore, now when i press the flash button nothing happens. I then desperately started the building process just to try to understand if something would happen. The motherboard lights up, the fans are working and the ez debug CPU led stays on. I would appreciate some insight to what i might have done, if i screwed up my mobo for good, or if maybe its possible to recover it.

Solution
oh they come labelled? i thought branding stayed the same but they would just bring in the most recent bios. that means that if i end up buying another motherboard it´ll have to come with the sticker so i don´t need to update it myself?
While that's true you'll want to update BIOS...and probably might need to...anyway. A couple of reasons: first is more recent BIOS have resolved a common issue with USB port drop-out. And secondly, mfr's are releasing BIOS to get systems ready for full Win11 compatibility.
So i bought components to build a gaming pc from zero and i opted for a ryzen 5 5600x paired to a b550 gaming carbon. I knew i would have to flash the bios so i did the research in how to do it, however, everytime i tryed the flash led just would keep going without ever stopping. I tried about everything i read on the forums until the time that the flash led wouldn´t react anymore, now when i press the flash button nothing happens. I then desperately started the building process just to try to understand if something would happen. The motherboard lights up, the fans are working and the ez debug CPU led stays on. I would appreciate some insight to what i might have done, if i screwed up my mobo for good, or if maybe its possible to recover it.
So you tried to take all the components off and left the mobo with only pen drive and mobo connected to the cpu pin power and atx pin power?

Check out this guy's vid and follow his advice as closely as you can. He's got several really good detailed pointers that might help.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwyQ0Sfz_aw

Sep 17, 2021
well. you could rma them, and ask for a new one, then try go to a local store and request the latest bios update.
yeah i think im going to do that. just another question, is it true that the motherboards come from fabric with the most recent bios? so lets say i buy a recently made board to pair to my 5600x, i won´t need to update the bios?

Sep 17, 2021
yes, usually the motherboard that is labelled ryzen 5000 ready is basically just plug n play :D
oh they come labelled? i thought branding stayed the same but they would just bring in the most recent bios. that means that if i end up buying another motherboard it´ll have to come with the sticker so i don´t need to update it myself?

While that's true you'll want to update BIOS...and probably might need to...anyway. A couple of reasons: first is more recent BIOS have resolved a common issue with USB port drop-out. And secondly, mfr's are releasing BIOS to get systems ready for full Win11 compatibility.

Solution