[SOLVED] MSI - B75MA-P45 , adding 32GB ram to it

raxor2k

Reputable
Apr 3, 2020
Hi, there, I bought and MSI B75MA - P45 motherboard, here is the link to it: https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B75MA-P45/Specification
Together with the motherboard, I also got: Intel Core i7 - 3770 @ 3.40 GHz CPU + 8 GB DDR 3 memory.

All this is got for 1200 norwegian NOK(120 dollar). By the looks of things, I think i got this stuff for a really good price(?)

What i now wanna do, is adding more memory to it. I got an offer to buy 4 pieces of : Samsung 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz PC3-12800U for 1000 norwegian NOK(100 dollars).

Before i purchase it, i wanna be100% that those will fit in to this motherboard. According to the link i sent to the motherboard, it seems that it should be working. My main question is: can someone here confirm it will fit in and work?

After this, I will also add:

graphic card: ASUS GeForce GTX1050TI CERBERUS OC 4GB
and 750GB ssd.

Solution
As long as you are using 64 bit Windows os system you can use 32gb ram. The ram is the correct size, it is not listed in the compatibility list for the motherboard. The ram offered to you, do you know if they are all from the same production lot, i.e. sold as one unit of 32gb made together?

Lutfij

Titan
Got a link to the rams being sold? In theory, yes the rams should work on that motherboard when cross referencing the ram specs(mentioned from your above thread info) and the motherboard's specs page. Instead of going for the Samsung sticks, might want to look at something from G.Skill, Corsair, Klevv or their ilk.

As long as you are using 64 bit Windows os system you can use 32gb ram. The ram is the correct size, it is not listed in the compatibility list for the motherboard. The ram offered to you, do you know if they are all from the same production lot, i.e. sold as one unit of 32gb made together?

Solution

TRENDING THREADS