Question MSI BF Deal which one would you choose?

HiDensity

Honorable
Jun 25, 2017
Raider GE66 11UH-686 or Stealth GS66 12UGS-297US

As of right now there is only a $20 difference between these options.

Do I go with an 11th gen w/ 3080 16gb or 12th gen w/ a 3070ti 8gb?

The Stealth has faster memory and didn't get puked on w/ RGB, but the Raider does have a SD card reader which is nice.

Focus will be creative cloud work, but I do game.
Will be using an external monitor for both.

Any recommendations?

https://us-store.msi.com/GE66-Raider-11UH-686

12th Gen with a 3070 ti would be a better choice than an 11th Gen with 3080. MUCH better CPU performance.

Do you REALLY need this to be a laptop? I mean, this is a requirement for you? Because for that price you could put together an astoundingly higher performing desktop.

HiDensity

Honorable
Jun 25, 2017
12th Gen with a 3070 ti would be a better choice than an 11th Gen with 3080. MUCH better CPU performance.

Do you REALLY need this to be a laptop? I mean, this is a requirement for you? Because for that price you could put together an astoundingly higher performing desktop.

Unfortunately it does need to be a laptop, as I will be traveling constantly. And my not very old, beautifully water cooled 5900x and 3080ti I built early this year will now be collecting dust. =(
I am also following up w/ MSI as I noticed something odd about the listing, which might sway my decision. The GS66 is titled FHD...yet the specs clearly denote QHD. They could have a typo somewhere. UPDATE MSI responded and confirmed the title has a typo and the GS66 is in fact a QHD display

Last edited: