News MSI Delivers First GeForce RTX 2080 Ti With 16 GBps GDDR6 Memory

More importantly, I'd wonder...is it any faster, so equipped? A few gaming comparisons in GPU-limited benchmarks would be nice... (Not that I'd pay even the standard wholesale $1150 price for a 2080Ti, much less an extra $100-$150 for one with one extra FPS in game ABC..) :)

Reactions: Phaaze88

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
More importantly, I'd wonder...is it any faster, so equipped? A few gaming comparisons in GPU-limited benchmarks would be nice... (Not that I'd pay even the standard wholesale $1150 price for a 2080Ti, much less an extra $100-$150 for one with one extra FPS in game ABC..) :)
High end isn't for everyone.

D

Deleted member 1560910

Why did a manufacturer in a crowded sector did something to set itself apart from it's competitors? REALLY?
I dont understand why you are answering my question with a question what do you expect from someone on the internet

D

Deleted member 1560910

It better be for the added cost IMO. I would of liked to see a new design kinda like the CyberPunk card

spdragoo

Expert
Ambassador
Why did a manufacturer in a crowded sector did something to set itself apart from it's competitors? REALLY?

What competition? I love AMD, but unfortunately they don't have any GPUs that compete against the 2080TI. And that's the heart of the matter: they already had the top-of-the-line GPU in the 14GB VRAM versions of the 2080TI, so why come out with a 16GB VRAM model...especially when TH says the extra 14% of VRAM only translated to maybe +5% performance?