Question MSI Dragon Center Causing BSOD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakebyrne123

Honorable
Jul 23, 2014
Hi guys,
I recently reinstalled Dragon Center to control the RGB on my MSI 2070 Super but when it's installed I get occasional BSODs and when I uninstall it they stop. Anyone know why? Is there something in the app I should update?

Also, another off-topic question. Is there a way to control the RGB without dragon centre or without having to manually open Dragon Center and set the RGB every time I start my PC?

Thanks in advance,
Jake.

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
been using dragon center for 2 years and its a piece of crap. i still use it as l do like some of the features. you used to be able to just install mystic light and i think you still can without dragon center that should sort out your problem, follow the product steps on MSI website and just install mystic light there is alot less going on with just that

jakebyrne123

Honorable
Jul 23, 2014
been using dragon center for 2 years and its a piece of crap. i still use it as l do like some of the features. you used to be able to just install mystic light and i think you still can without dragon center that should sort out your problem, follow the product steps on MSI website and just install mystic light there is alot less going on with just that
I've tried installing mystic light by itself. We're you able to get it working on Windows 10?

curley81

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
yes i first had mystic light on its own before they improve dragon center and installed that but with different components it might be different i honestly cant say it will be the same for you but i have msi mobo and gpu

Nov 4, 2020
Hi, just wondering if you had any more info on this? I got my new RTX 3070 at the weekend - i installed MSI Dragon Centre a couple days later so i could configure the RGB, but after stumbling on a few posts online i uninstalled it, i was getting the same KMODE_EXCEPTION BSOD when gaming

Dec 3, 2020
Hi guys,
I recently reinstalled Dragon Center to control the RGB on my MSI 2070 Super but when it's installed I get occasional BSODs and when I uninstall it they stop. Anyone know why? Is there something in the app I should update?

Also, another off-topic question. Is there a way to control the RGB without dragon centre or without having to manually open Dragon Center and set the RGB every time I start my PC?

Thanks in advance,
Jake.
Of all the lighting control software I've used Dragon Centre is far and away the worst. Not sure if this will help you but I find when I get a BSOD I load up the Microsoft store and find there is an update for Dragon Centre that has just been released. I wish there was a gentler way the software could tell me an update was available.

I asked the MSI tech support for assistance and a month later all I have got back is an email repeating my question but with no advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.