[SOLVED] MSI EZ-Debug CPU Light On

Sep 25, 2020
Second build ever, so trying to learn the proper way to debug these things.

SYSTEM:
Motherboard: MAG B550 Tomahawk
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
Graphics Card: XFX AMD Radeon™ RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 THICC III Ultra
RAM: 2X 8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 DDR4

SYMPTOM:
Fans turn on but the EZ-Debug CPU light is on and nothing appears on screen.

ATTEMPTED:
  1. Reseated CPU applying pressure as I activated lever
  2. Reconnected CPU 8 Pin cable
  3. Removed all RAM except in DIMMA2
So far all of this has yielded the same result. Would love to learn what else may work. Thank you all for the support, I am excited to get this build up and running!

Solution

SYSTEM:

SYMPTOM:

ATTEMPTED:
So far all of this has yielded the same result. Would love to learn what else may work. Thank you all for the support, I am excited to get this build up and running!

Can you try with a different graphics card? I only say that because I know the CPU LED is on, but...
Sep 26, 2020

SYSTEM:

SYMPTOM:

ATTEMPTED:
I Got the exact same problem and i dont know what to do. Have you figured it out or?

SYSTEM:

SYMPTOM:

ATTEMPTED:

Can you try with a different graphics card? I only say that because I know the CPU LED is on, but that can sometimes be a bit of a misnomer. I also say that because aside from your graphics card, you have an extremely similar setup to mine, bar the graphics card.

Reactions: LegoRoboto
Solution
Sep 25, 2020
Can you try with a different graphics card? I only say that because I know the CPU LED is on, but that can sometimes be a bit of a misnomer. I also say that because aside from your graphics card, you have an extremely similar setup to mine, bar the graphics ca
I don't have a second graphics card, but I tried just pulling the graphics card and got nothing.

Sep 25, 2020
Using an EVGA 750 B5.
Just tried pulling the motherboard out and reseating all the components. Still getting the CPU debug light.

Here is my full build:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/hCtJFG

Thank you again for the help, this is rather stressful with $1500 worth of parts just sitting here! I don't have access to a card for testing right now. Might be able to borrow a card from work later today. I will try to make that happen.

Sep 25, 2020
I AM POSTING THIS FROM MY NEW PC! I think it must have been a graphics card issue, as well as being patient and letting the system boot all the way. For others finding this make sure to let those LEDs settle before shutting the system back off. I got nervous and powered it down too soon I think.

Reactions: John Chesterfield
Hey you're more than welcome. I know that the B550 Tomahawk has one or two niggles with the initial BIOS when it comes to graphics cards, mine will give 1 long beep and 3 short beeps if my monitor isn't switched on, believe it's a DisplayPort issue that has been resolved with later BIOS versions.

But really glad you've got the system up and running!

Jan 21, 2021
Hi all,
is the fist time for me here so sorry if it's not the right place:
I just assembled my new computer:
CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x
MOBO: MSI B550 Tomahawk
GPU: PSY Geforce GTX 1660Super
RAM: Crucial Ballistix BL2K12G36C16U4R 3600MHz slots: DIMMA2 - DIMMB2

The same problem it's happening to me: After I installed everything the computer booted but it was using the RAM at 2666Mhz.

Attempts:
I tried to activate XMP and the computer stopped booting: fans spinning no signal on the monitor. CPU led on the MOBO, fix red
I rebooted the CMOS from the jumper as instructed in the manual
I changed manually the RAM frequency to 3600MHz in the BIOS. the rest was left in auto. The computer worked and rebooted for a couple of days.
Today I turned on my computer again and it is not booting again, CPU led on the MOBO fix red.

Today I will try to update the BIOS but I don't understand why I'm having issues using the ram at 3600Mhz since everything is compatible.

Thank you for your help. tell mi if you need more details.
Bye

The same problem it's happening to me: After I installed everything the computer booted but it was using the RAM at 2666Mhz.

Attempts:
I tried to activate XMP and the computer stopped booting: fans spinning no signal on the monitor. CPU led on the MOBO, fix red
I rebooted the CMOS from the jumper as instructed in the manual
I changed manually the RAM frequency to 3600MHz in the BIOS. the rest was left in auto. The computer worked and rebooted for a couple of days.
Today I turned on my computer again and it is not booting again, CPU led on the MOBO fix red.

Today I will try to update the BIOS but I don't understand why I'm having issues using the ram at 3600Mhz since everything is compatible.

Thank you for your help. tell mi if you need more details.
Bye

Attempts:

Update BIOS. This will fix non-working RAM OC, missing NVMe drives and Ethernet reboot glitch.

By the way seems all new MSI B550 MOBOs with Zen3 CPUs need BIOS update. My brand new MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI had exactly this problem. BIOS update instantly fixed that.

Jan 21, 2021
Update BIOS. This will fix non-working RAM OC, missing NVMe drives and Ethernet reboot glitch.

By the way seems all new MSI B550 MOBOs with Zen3 CPUs need BIOS update. My brand new MSI MPG B550 Gaming Edge WIFI had exactly this problem. BIOS update instantly fixed that.
Yesterday I updated the BIOS to the version:
- Updated AMD AGESA ComboAm4v2PI 1.1.0.0 Patch C

I had to change the RAM frequency manually anyway but now there are not leds on the mobo.
thank you for your help I will update you if something changes