Question MSI G27c2 artifacts when left overnight

Sep 20, 2023
I have an issue with my monitor where when I leave it off for 2 hours or more and turn it back on, artifacts appear on the screen for 10 or so minutes and then clear up.

This issue is only present when the monitor is set to 144Hz mode.

I have had two GPUs in my system and the issue occurred with both GPUs. I have also ordered a brand new Displayport cable and the issue still occurs. I am 100% sure the issue originates from the monitor and I would like to fix this problem without having to buy a new monitor.

This issue is very annoying because, when I turn my computer on, I want to use it immediately and not have to wait 10 minutes if I left it for a few hours.

FYI: If I leave my monitor on for that entire time period it doesn't artifact, only when it is left off for more than a few hours does this occur.

Edit: I also found another person that has the exact same issue as me but that thread is locked. https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...-a-couple-of-minutes-then-works-fine.3536155/

Thanks.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

I have had two GPUs in my system and the issue occurred with both GPUs.
Did you try cleansing your platform off of all GPU drivers using DDU and then manually reinstalling with the the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

+
I am 100% sure the issue originates from the monitor
Did you try and hook the panel up to another display source, system? Have you tried relocating to another wall outlet?

Sep 20, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time?

I have had two GPUs in my system and the issue occurred with both GPUs.
Did you try cleansing your platform off of all GPU drivers using DDU and then manually reinstalling with the the latest drivers in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator?

+
I am 100% sure the issue originates from the monitor
Did you try and hook the panel up to another display source, system? Have you tried relocating to another wall outlet?
Hi, here are my specs.

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x
CPU Cooler: Corsair H110i
Motherboard: Asrock B450m-HDV r4.0
Ram: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro White 8GBx2
SSD: Samsung 970 Pro 512GB
HDD: Seagate IronWolf Pro 2TB
GPU: Sapphire RX 580 8gb
PSU: Corsair RM850x 850watt
PSU Age: 5 years
Chassis: NZXT S340
Monitor: MSI Optix G27c2
Bios Ver: 10.01

I forgot to mention that the issue occurs on both Windows and Linux.

I have not tried plugging the monitor into another system but the issue occured on both GPUs that were in the system over the past few years.

The first GPU I had is a GTX 1650, and I recently upgraded to an RX 580 and the issue occurred with both GPUs.

I have not tried plugging the monitor into a different wall outlet, it might not be relevant, but I have the monitor plugged into an extension cable as there is only one wall outlet in my room.

Thank you.

Last edited: