[SOLVED] MSI Ge62 6QF Apache Pro extremely slow.

NovaTronMC

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2014
Around 3 years ago I got myself a MSI Ge62 6QF Apache Pro laptop, since then, I noticed slight performance faults on the system, but not on gaming, more like towards the OS. When I game, the laptop runs smoothly as supposed, but it loads google chrome per say extremely slow, sometimes I can't even open some apps, and basically that, slow performance on everythinge except games.
Im thinking it could be the HDD, so I though on getting a 1Tb SSD and see how things turn out.
Any further recommendations?

Solution
Around 3 years ago I got myself a MSI Ge62 6QF Apache Pro laptop, since then, I noticed slight performance faults on the system, but not on gaming, more like towards the OS. When I game, the laptop runs smoothly as supposed, but it loads google chrome per say extremely slow, sometimes I can't even open some apps, and basically that, slow performance on everythinge except games.
Im thinking it could be the HDD, so I though on getting a 1Tb SSD and see how things turn out.
HDD of laptop are configured for 5400rpm, so it's obious that are pretty slow compared to high end HDD or even the slowest of the SSD.
The problem is that a life of a HDD is 5y at maximum, and probably yours is going bad very fastly...
Dec 12, 2019
HDD of laptop are configured for 5400rpm, so it's obious that are pretty slow compared to high end HDD or even the slowest of the SSD.
The problem is that a life of a HDD is 5y at maximum, and probably yours is going bad very fastly.
I suggest to change it with a 512GB SSD (nVME if you could) or any 2.5 like Crucial and a HDD like WD for storage.

My Dell G5 runs pretty well with a duo HDD 1TB/256GB.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS