Question MSI GS65 Stealth Thin 8RF Mousepad Lag Help

Deatheatr48

Commendable
Sep 18, 2016
I have recently purchased a brand new MSI GS65 (less than a month ago), and almost immediately I noticed that there is some pretty serious mouse lag when I launch some applications. For example, when I launch Task Manager, the mouse movement is heavily delayed and task manager itself takes quite a while to fully load. However, when it is fully loaded, both the CPU, RAM, or disk usage is nowhere near max.

The Specs are i7-8750H, gtx 1070, 16gb of DDR4 ram, and 512 SSD. Everything is out of the box, I have not overclocked or undervoltaged anything because I am not smart enough to do that lol.

From a few searches I saw that a few people also have this issue but no solution has worked for me. Do you guys have any idea how to fix this? If you need any other information, let me know. Thanks!

Colif

Win 11 Master
touchpad? latest synaptics driver is from August last year,

did you run MSI Driver & App centre? I assume from name it updates drivers, that would be my guess as to source of lag. its meant to come via the windows store - https://www.msi.com/Laptop/support/GS65-Stealth-Thin-8RF#down-utility

wonder if its the power mode.
right click start
choose power options
on next window, under related settings, click Additional power settings
what plan is it running?
if its on balanced, and only shows that and Power saver as options, click the show additional plans drop down
Try using high performance, it will speed up things a little.