MSI H87-G41 very slow to boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierino

Honorable
Sep 12, 2015
Hello guys!
I have an MSI H87-G41 and Windows 8.1. When I start the PC it stays 2 minutes with no video signal, then 2 minutes on black screen with a label "A2" on the bottom of the screen. then msi military class logo appears for few seconds and then windows 8 starts almost immediatly. Summarizing it takes almost 4:30 minutes to start :(. It seems an hardware problem to me but I do not know how to check. Can someone help?
Thank you in advance!
Pietro

CTurbo

Pizza Monster
That's a good hard drive. Are you sure your PC is free of malware?

A clean re-install of windows would probably solve whatever the issue is, but if you don't want to do that, try going into msconfig and see what all is opening on startup. You can unselect anything in there you don't want opening automatically.

Also, a lot of the time, setting wifi to NOT auto connect will help out a lot.

Pierino

Honorable
Sep 12, 2015
I solved! The problem was on RAMs. They were on black colored slots and now I've put them on blue slots. I though it was the same but probably it's not. Now PC boots very fast!!
Thank you Turbo for your advices!
Ciao,
Pietro

Pierino

Honorable
Sep 12, 2015
Hi guys, an update to this. The problem is not solved (in fact was strange to me was a RAM problem). But I've identified the cause of the problem. If I remove the power supply cable wait few seconds and plug in it again the PC boots very fast. If the power supply cable stays connected i have the problem of the slow booting... any idea on how to solve it?
Thanks in advace.
Pietro

donpako

Honorable
Oct 1, 2015
Hi guys, I have same problem with a slow start with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 as Pierino described.

After the PC is turned on (and after BIOS) a black screen appears between Windows logo and login screen. It takes about 30-40 seconds. I also tried a clean install but without success. So far, the only way for a quick boot to Windows is detaching the power cable from PSU for a few seconds and repluging. Pierino, thank you for this tip!

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

My HW configuration:
MB : MSI H87-G41 PC Mate (latest BIOS v3.9)
CPU: Intel Core i5-4570
GPU: MSI R7870-2GD5T/OC
PSU: Seasonic S12II-520 520W
RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 (BLT2CP4G3D1608DT1TX0CEU)
HDD1: WD Red - 1TB WD10EFRX (with instaled OS)
HDD2: WD Red - 3TB (only for data)

BIOS:
Sata mode: AHCI Mode
Initiate graphic adapter: PEG
Windows 8/8.1 Feature: Disabled
MSI fast boot: Disabled
Fast boot: Disabled
Boot mode select LEGACY+UEFI
No OC

Pierino

Honorable
Sep 12, 2015
Hi guys,
I am coming back to this thread (maybe is too old?). It's years now that I have this PC I have assembled which is a crap !! :D I am not using it that often since it is in my mom house but it is always a pain to use it. The sytuation is always the same very slow to boot and very slow to use (I am not pretending to play on this but it is very slow even to open folder explorer).
I am still guessing it s a motherboard issue but cannot find the root cause.

Updated specs:
Specs

Reinstalling OS is not having any effects.
I am sharing with you also a video of the booting so you can feel the pain as well :p
video

Do you have idea of how to further investigate? I do not like the idea of throwing everything away :D
Would be a try to buy another HD, maybe an SSD ?
Thank you to all would like to help me.
Pietro

Status
Not open for further replies.