MSI Intros First Mainboard with AMD's APU

Status
Not open for further replies.

bisayan

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
Why haven't we heard anything from TH regarding the ASUS Brazos board E35M1-M Pro??? Other sites have already had posts regarding it but nothing from TH

G

Be nice if this pushes consoles to start beefing up there future units. I have a feeling that maybe Xbox will use there technology as well mmmmmmm.

sseyler

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
I've been looking for a platform to use for a media PC, without having to use spare parts from my old, powerful, but power-hungry Phenom II X4. A small form factor platform and decent processor like AMD's APU seems to fit the bill - far better than any Atom solution.

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
How much watt this consume ? Ive see benchmark of the Sandy 2500 using 33Watt idle and 100Watt full prime load. To be honest i rather get a a 2500 and have million time the power processing then this piece of shit.

BulkZerker

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
Gotta love the ammount of derp srgess spouts. Makes his /b/ roots very obvious.

This mobo looks kinda cheap tbh. The cmps battery glued to the back of output

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
[citation][nom]rhino13[/nom]D-Sub? Is that like the pre LCD days connector?[/citation]
D-Sub is VGA, yes. And you'd be surprised how many LCDs have it. Especially the mainstream ones.

ChromeTusk

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
[citation][nom]DSpider[/nom]D-Sub is VGA, yes. And you'd be surprised how many LCDs have it. Especially the mainstream ones.[/citation]
So very true. I notice the D-sub VGA connection more often at mass market stores like Target, Sam's Club, Best Buy, and other direct competitors.

G

It looks like OEMs are screwing AMD again(probably because Intel is paying them to). They've shipped 1 million APUs since early November, they've been sampling them to OEMs for atleast a couple months longer than that, they were launched a month ago, and I still can't find a single product containing one anywhere.

tacoslave

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]BulkZerker[/nom]Gotta love the ammount of derp srgess spouts. Makes his /b/ roots very obvious.This mobo looks kinda cheap tbh. The cmps battery glued to the back of output[/citation] Because it costs the same right?

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]srgess[/nom]How much watt this consume ? Ive see benchmark of the Sandy 2500 using 33Watt idle and 100Watt full prime load. To be honest i rather get a a 2500 and have million time the power processing then this piece of shit.[/citation]
Obviously, you're not their target customer.

scazbala86

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2010
[citation][nom]SAAIELLO[/nom]Nice board I am gonna consider this for my HTPC build I am gonna be looking at in a month or two.[/citation]
D-sub AKA "the blue monitor cable" or VGA. And while yes it is quite a few years old, it is still the most prominent video connection. Almost all monitors still carry this connector, many televisions do as well. It is suppose to be phased out by 2016, I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
you have a point there, as an all in one personal computer.
yet, there are some with multiple computers at home.

[citation][nom]srgess[/nom]How much watt this consume ? Ive see benchmark of the Sandy 2500 using 33Watt idle and 100Watt full prime load. To be honest i rather get a a 2500 and have million time the power processing then this piece of shit.[/citation]

whatisupthere

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2010
@srgess this is designed to compete with atom or a ULV cpu not sandy. I think typical total system power use is around 18W. Its good for HTPCs,thin notebooks. Sandy will cost you about five times as much, require more power, bigger power supply, bigger case....

srgess, why don't you stop trolololololing. I agree with whatisup there. But also, this is meant to compete with Atom, not Sandy. Bulldozer will compete with Sandy Bridge, and as for the APU concerns, the 2500's APU is defiantly not better than 6310, or so I've seen.

thomaseron

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2007
Both the "Dozer" and Llano will probably compete with Sandy.
I think in a week or two we can buy the Asus e35m Deluxe board with this current APU, and as many of you have said, it fits perfectly for an HTPC.

G

You're right why don't EVERYONE just get the most powerful cpu/ gpu combo.
/sarcasm

Status
Not open for further replies.