Question MSI K7N2 Delta-L FSB 400 - - - black screen and no BIOS ?

Oldschool296

Prominent
Nov 26, 2022
I have one that had been working before but it started to shut down when i pressed del to enter bios. Now it is only a black screen and you can't turn off the computer or reset by usual buttons. I have tried to take away the battery but it is still the same. I can't hear no beeping from the speaker just i used to hear before. I have tried to remove the RAM as it used to beep without that but not now. My screen seems to react when i power on the computer so it seems to react to power from the graphic card. I have tried 3 different cards. I guess it is the bios that has gone wrong?

Oldschool296

Prominent
Nov 26, 2022
No sounds with keyboard or without, The same goes for testing without memory, it used to beep without memory. I have read that these motherboards are common for having trouble with bios. I guess it can be the bios chip so i must order a new?

No sounds with keyboard or without, The same goes for testing without memory, it used to beep without memory. I have read that these motherboards are common for having trouble with bios. I guess it can be the bios chip so i must order a new?

Before you do that, please do what I suggested, move the 3 pin connector to the left hand side, wait 20 minutes for it to reset, make sure its unplugged.
IF IT DOES COME BACK ON, try to reset the cmos back to defaults, check msi support page and see what bios version you have.
If its an older bios firmware, update to the newest one, also yes, cmos/bios version can be found at the bottom left or right hand of the screen.

Now lets say you did all that and starts going aloof again with the black screen and not booting.
That would be a clear sign to me the motherboard is faulty and has finally had it for working.
Coming from an am2/am3+ mobo's I know how some models will have trouble and fail with a very bad configuration setup.

Call msi technical support tier 2 technicians, make sure you bend the knee at them and nicely ask for help.
Do ecerything they ask you to, before they decide to give you a replacement or newer mobo model.
1 (888) 447-6564

Reactions: Oldschool296