Question MSI Mag B460M Bazooka, USB port issues after upgrade from Win 10 to 11...

takearushfan82

Honorable
Jun 10, 2017
Hi all. My roommate's new PC is all built and working fine now but he gave me his old one, which had Win 10 on it and though all USB ports were detected fine and ran ideally on it, now that I upgraded to Win 11 one of the ports isn't detected at all and none of them are as fast as they should be. The ones that are detected run at 1.0 speed practically and I'm not sure why the one port isn't detected at all. I upgraded the BIOS, tried different cords, installed the latest chipset drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled the Windows default USB drivers via device manager, um... (I'm losing track of what other things I tried) ... for the life of me I don't know what's wrong and I see from Google searches and searching on here that not a whole heck of a lot shows up to help me out. Any advice/idea what the issue is? Nothing got knocked loose inside or anything. Thanks for your patience with me.

Lutfij

Titan
which had Win 10 on it and though all USB ports were detected fine and ran ideally on it, now that I upgraded to Win 11
Did you upgrade the OS using the internal upgrade path or a clean install of the OS? If the former, reinstall the OS after recreating your bootable USB installer for Windows 11. If the latter, you might want to state where you sourced the installer for your OS.

In the interim period, please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

I upgraded the BIOS
BIOS version for the motherboard at this moment of time? Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest successfully?

takearushfan82

Honorable
Jun 10, 2017
which had Win 10 on it and though all USB ports were detected fine and ran ideally on it, now that I upgraded to Win 11
Did you upgrade the OS using the internal upgrade path or a clean install of the OS? If the former, reinstall the OS after recreating your bootable USB installer for Windows 11. If the latter, you might want to state where you sourced the installer for your OS.

In the interim period, please pass on the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

I upgraded the BIOS
BIOS version for the motherboard at this moment of time? Did you clear the CMOS after you'd verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest successfully?
It's a DVD he bought, clean install. I'll post the rest in a bit. It encountered an irreparable error so I'm reinstalling. The repair feature wasn't working so now I'm doing this all over again :(

takearushfan82

Honorable
Jun 10, 2017
It's a DVD he bought, clean install.
Got a link to where he bought the DVD from? It's to rule out a corrupt installer.
These are the specs are specifically as I can get at the moment. He's not home and I don't have a list of all the components, where he bought them, etc ... I didn't clear the CMOS, no.

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900KF @ 3.7GHz, 10 core

BIOS - American Megatrends Inc. A.50 6/10/2022

SMBIOS Version - 3.2

BIOS Mode - UEFI

CPU cooler: ?

Motherboard: MSI Mag B460M BAZOOKA (MS-7C83)
Ram: 32 Gigs
SSD/HDD: SSD
GPU: GTX 1050 Ti
PSU: 500 Watt
Chassis: ?
Monitor: BenQ 1080

takearushfan82

Honorable
Jun 10, 2017
It's a DVD he bought, clean install.
Got a link to where he bought the DVD from? It's to rule out a corrupt installer.
Update, that unresponsive USB port is now popping up that it's unrecognized or malfunctioning. I don't get it... if it knows enough to be able to display that then why can't it just work fully? I'm about to retest the speeds on the other ports.