Review MSI MAG B760M Mortar Review: Micro ATX Under $200

HideOut

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
The audio is several generations old. Trash audio from what, 8-10 years ago to save $2? Thats sad. But only 7 USB on the back? Thats actually pretty decent for most boards. People dont use 7+ on just the back that often. You still have the front USB as well. @ about $200 Id rather have 40GB/S usb than 5 more slow ones. But the Audio fail is an issue.

Reactions: Avro Arrow

DataMeister

Distinguished
May 7, 2016
Reactions: Avro Arrow
I have a few issues with the title of this article:

"MSI MAG B760M Mortar Review: Micro ATX Under $200

An inexpensive Micro ATX option with a PCIe 5.0 slot and 20 Gbps USB port"

In what universe is $190 considered inexpensive for an Intel B760M-based µATX motherboard?

This isn't a budget board, budget boards don't offer high-end features like a PCI-e5 x16 slot and an 20Gbps Ethernet Controller. I don't know where Joe gets the idea that $200USD is the price point that separates "expensive" from "inexpensive".

Budget motherboards with B760M chipsets can be had for:
GIGABYTE B760M DS3H - $100

The Gigabyte DS3H is an inexpensive B760M µATX motherboard. The MSi MAG in this article is not.

Last edited:
Article terminology, not mine.
I wasn't saying that it was your terminology. If you look at my first post in this thread, I'm critical of the author for the wording used.

You said that you hated that $190 is budget nowadays (and who could blame you for that?) so I just pointed out that it wasn't in attempt to make you feel better, that's all.

I also gave your post a like to convey that I had no ill will. Your post was completely appropriate considering the article.