Question MSI MAG274QRF-QD Dimmed screen

Sep 27, 2024
Hello all, I've just returned from a long trip to find my monitor in this state. Every time it boots up it's always normal for the first few seconds but it goes back to that state. I tried resetting, changing modes, changing cables (both HDMI and DP), and updating the firmware for the monitor. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks!

https://file.io/G3XZTYP2GD0I

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your link to the file doesn't work for me. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

As for your platform, I would ask you reinstall your GPU drivers after using DDU but I would need more info, hence why I've asked for full system's specs.

Sep 27, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Your link to the file doesn't work for me. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

As for your platform, I would ask you reinstall your GPU drivers after using DDU but I would need more info, hence why I've asked for full system's specs.
CPU: i7-8700
CPU cooler: Deepcool Assassin 3
Ram: 32GB-3200Mhz
SSD/HDD:1TB
GPU: ZOTAC 3080
PSU: Antec Edge 750W 80+ Gold - 6 Years~
Chassis: Fractal Design Meshify C
Monitor: MSI MAG274QRF-QD

Updated Video Link: https://filebin.net/r1oo7c9yzlxsvddv/Untitled.mov

I have a second monitor that works perfectly fine with both DP and HDMI. From what I can see it's probably a monitor issue since even the Monitor OSD is also dimmed, that's why I haven't DDU'd my GPU .

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2024
try to adjust the monitor's brightness controls. The controls are either on the screen or accessible from your keyboard. If this does not work, hardware failure is likely the culprit. Try connecting your screen to a different computer.