Aug 20, 2022
Hello everyone! Thank you for taking the time to first see and possibly help answer my question.

First let me say that this was an issue possibly occurring by me updating my BIOS. However I followed the specific directions from MSI to a T so I’m not sure but it’s still a possibility. Anyways, into my issue.

After having an issue with my GPU yesterday morning, trying to fix a Code 43, I decided to update my BIOS and see if that solved my problem. I downloaded from the MSI website for my Mag B550 Tomahawk, the latest non beta version of the update, 7C91vA9 keep in mind I’m coming from update A.30, After moving the extracted file to the root of my USB that was formatted to fat32, I plugged my USB into the flash port of my MOBO on the back of the PC and loaded into BIOS. Hit the M-Flash button selected continue, PC restarted into flash mode, I selected the correct drive > correct update > and the correct file to flash from > Hit ok to continue and it did its thing, no loss of power or removing the USB, after updating I went back into BIOS to verify the update took place, it did so I exited and got met with windows trying to automatically repair my PC. From here I tried to automatically repair my PC, no luck, booted into SAFE Mode just fine, everything looked normal. So I restarted my PC and allowed it to get past the BIOS screen without hitting DEL to enter into bios, screen flashes, moves past BIOS screen, then met with another BIOS screen with the loading wheel, it’ll go around once and then freeze in place.

Things I have tried to rectify this issue:

Clear CMOS with jumper cap and physically removing the battery.

Remove RAM individually to see if it’s one of my 2 sticks of ram.

Load default settings in BIOS then save n exit.

Restart…. Unfortunately it wasn’t this easy

Verify BOOT order of drives and remove the other drive that didn’t contain Windows 10.

Clean install of windows 10 using USB Media.

I got frustrated last night so I just cleaned up and left it for the night. I’m not sure what else to do that could fix my issue. I have no problem starting clean with my PC all I have on there are video games n pictures that I already have saved to the cloud so I’m not losing anything I can’t reacquire later. Basically scorched earth my PC. If anyone can help please do, I did a very unholy thing and scheduled my rig in at GEEKSquad for this Sunday at 5pm so I would really prefer to fix my issue myself rather than those guys who aren’t gonna care if they break anything start to fumble around with it.

Spec List:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060
MOBO: MAG B550 Tomahawk
RAM: 2x16 Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz
PSU: EVGA Supernova G.6 (or 5 i can’t remember) 1000W
Running windows 10 Home

Aug 20, 2022
Currently trying to downgrade back to BIOS Vr. VA.30 (09/03/2020) Previous Working Vr. Of my BIOS.
Didn’t seem to work, I successfully downgraded to VA.30, however upon restart after ensuring BIOS settings were default, and Secure boot was disabled, I still get the BIOS Splash screen and then it freezes while loading, and then screen goes black.

Aug 20, 2022
Possibly may see if I can borrow a GPU from a friend and see if the GPU is the cause of issue resulting from the random black screen. However as of now I am out of things to do. I need help.

TRENDING THREADS