[SOLVED] MSI Motherboard new build won't go to BIOS, "No Signal detected" on monitor

D

Deleted member 1537282

Hi all,

The main issue is that when I try to start my pc with the new build, nothing will display and my monitor will just read "no signal detected" using HDMI, I've read someone who has this issue fixed it by using the VGA port on the first fresh boot, my GPU only has DVI, HDMI and DP, would this be worth a try to use the DVI port? (I ask because I'd have to buy an adapter)

I've gone through the checklist sticky and nothings worked, also spent ages googling it and nothing.

I purchased these new parts;
CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
Motherboard - MSI B550M PRO-VDH
Ram: 4x4gb Hyper X DDR4 3200
Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

These were supposed to replace and match what I already have up and working:
CPU: Intel i5 2500k
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G43
GPU: GTX 980 (Using in new build and old)

One thing that looks off is that when I start the pc the GPU fans will turn for a second and then stop for 5 seconds, then repeat, when putting my old build back together the GPU works fine so I don't think this is broken?

The EZ Debug lights are inconsistent, they usually will stick on the boot light, or sometimes stick on the VGA light and even sometimes will not light up at all meaning there's no errors, and still nothing displays.

I have tried only using 1 stick of ram and resetting CMOS still the same.

The only other things that I think it could be is the CPU not being set properly but the EZ debug lights are not detecting it, but would the pc even power on if the cpu isn't set properly?

Thank you for reading and I hope we can fix this !

Solution
That board NEEDS a BIOS update in order to boot that CPU. It doesn't support any sort of flashback feature so you'll need a 2xxx/3xxx CPU to update.
D

Deleted member 1537282

That board NEEDS a BIOS update in order to boot that CPU. It doesn't support any sort of flashback feature so you'll need a 2xxx/3xxx CPU to update.

Cheers for the quick reply mate,

So i'll need to use a 2xxx/3xxx CPU to update?

So I either buy and then reurn a CPU from amazon to upgrade the BIOS, or I buy a more up to date motherboard that'll support the 5xxx series?

D

Deleted member 1537282

Okay I've purchased the Asus Tuf B550M motherboard which has flashback on it so that should hopefully fix the issue

Cheers for the quick reply mate,

So i'll need to use a 2xxx/3xxx CPU to update?

So I either buy and then reurn a CPU from amazon to upgrade the BIOS, or I buy a more up to date motherboard that'll support the 5xxx series?

If the motherboard has a BIOS flash feature.

Okay I've purchased the Asus Tuf B550M motherboard which has flashback on it so that should hopefully fix the issue

That should do it.