[SOLVED] MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC - New Build: No Display & No USB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrettyDumbITGuy

Prominent
Oct 16, 2020
Hey Everyone,

I am doing a PC build for a friend and have run in to a bit of a roadblock. All components are connected correctly, fans turn on, lights turn on, HDD kicks on, CPU cooler kicks on, but I get no display or USB/USB power. All of the components are brand new with the exception of the GPU. I am a relatively experienced PC technician (Desktop Engineer III) and am a bit perplexed by this. My brain is telling me that the machine won't POST because of the CPU, but I checked and reseated the CPU and everything appears to be fine. The next logical step would be RAM so I inserted two sticks of RAM that I knew were compatible and still nothing (tried with only one stick as well). I've also tried jumping the JBAT1 CMOS reset with no success as well as removing the CMOS batter entirely and then inserting it again a few moments later. I also tried removing the GPU and booting solely off of onboard Mobo visual but that did not work either. Would anybody be able to help me with this issue? As I said, all components aside from the GPU are brand new. Parts list is below:

Mobo: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge AC

CPU: i7 9700K

RAM: 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-2400 (although I plan to upgrade to 32gb DDR-3600 via overclocking once I can get a successful BIOS boot)

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070

Cooler: Corsair H60

I really appreciate any help you all can lend on this one. I got so frustrated I made an account here just to ask this question. Thank you in advance!

PrettyDumbITGuy

Prominent
Oct 16, 2020
Yes, I’ve tried completely removing the GPU and booting off of onboard graphics but the result is the same. The motherboard lights up and I can see power being directed, but something is preventing POST.

the PSU is GAMERMAX 750W 80+ Gold

PrettyDumbITGuy

Prominent
Oct 16, 2020
it usually psu, motherboard, then cpu. if you can test with another psu, try that first. then rma the motherboard

Sounds good. What I’ll do is grab a replacement motherboard on my way home from work as a “just in case”, truly booting the machine with a different PSU and if that fails try with the new mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.