Question MSI not following UEFI boot priorities

Sep 12, 2021
Hey All!

I just installed a new Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD (2TB) to replace my old Western Digital SATA III SSD (250 GB). I installed the Samsung Drive, cloned the old drive onto the new drive using Samsung Data Migration and then went into the bios and set the Samsung Drive as the first priority in the UEFI Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities. I saved the changes and restarted the computer and it is still booting the the old Western Digital Drive. Figured I missed something so rebooted checked all the settings in the bios everything looked right but it still only boots to the Western Digital Drive. So I unplugged the Western Digital Drive from the PC, thinking maybe the Samsung Drive wasn't bootable or something, however, the Samsung Drive booted perfectly. Plugged the Western Digital back in and it booted to the Western Digital Drive. So I went into the bios and set all the boot options, but the UEFI Hard Disk Drive, to disabled, then set the UEFI Hard Disk Drive BBS Priorities to the Samsung Drive as #1 and Disabled for #2. So now as far as I can tell the Bios should always boot to the Samsung Drive. However if the Western Digital Drive is plugged in it still choses that first.

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome!

Images for BIOS and Drives after Boot: View: https://imgur.com/a/lctzmi1

Mother Board: MSI Z270 PC Mate

Thanks!
Tyler

Sep 12, 2021
Sorry I did not see the small image link under the big picture. Is there a way to put the hd in to boot option 2? With both drives in boot option 1 even though you have the ssd highlighted, it may still choose on it's own since both are in boot option 1.
So when I set the priorities it just brings up the list of all attached bootable drives and highlights the currently selected one in orange. I can't select more than 1 for each boot option.