[SOLVED] MSI Or Lenovo

Ahmed.K

Prominent
Jul 9, 2019
Hi, I am looking for a good gaming desktop(not for heavy games), but should I get the MSI Infinite(maybe A or A 8th) or the Lenovo Legion T530 Tower?
1. I need the desktop which has a longer life time
2. And more reliability
3. And it should get the least errors(like in updating the OS)
4. The price is around(almost) the same [depends on the model]
The specifications are:

[Zoom out if it doesn't fit your screen(I mostly Copied and Pasted it)]
MSI:
processor typeIntel Core i7-8700
processor speed3.2 GHz
graphics cardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB)
processor coresHexa Core
capacity128 GB SSD/2 TB HDD
item titleInfinite
model series(MSI) Infinite
product typeGaming CPU
operating systemWindows 10
operating system architecture64-bit
connectivity technologyWiFi/Bluetooth
RAM8 GB RAM
portsHDMI/USB 2.0/USB 3.1/USB-C/DisplayPort/DVI-D/RJ-45
VR (virtual reality) enabledVR Enabled
multimedia featuresNahimic Audio Enhancer, Virtual 7.1 Sound, Mic In/Headphone Out
card readerYes
colorBlack
width210.00 mm ( 8.27 in )
height450.00 mm ( 17.72 in )
depth488.00 mm ( 19.21 in )
graphics card seriesNVIDIA GeForce 6 GB
Shipping Weight (kg)30.1300

Lenovo:
processor typeIntel Core i7-9700
processor speed3.0 GHz
graphics cardNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti (6 GB)
processor coresOcta Core
capacity256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD/2 TB HDD
item titleLegion T530 Tower
model series(Lenovo) Legion
product typeGaming CPU
operating systemWindows 10
operating system architecture64-bit
connectivity technologyWiFi/Bluetooth
RAM16 GB RAM
portsHDMI/USB 3.1/DVI/DisplayPort/RJ-45
optical driveSuperMulti DVD Drive
VR (virtual reality) enabledVR Enabled
multimedia featuresAudio: Line-in/Line-out/Mic
colorRaven Black
width184.50 mm ( 7.26 in )
height440.00 mm ( 17.32 in )
depth456.00 mm ( 17.95 in )
graphics card seriesNVIDIA GeForce 6 GB
Shipping Weight (kg)26.6800

The main thing(that I want) is not the power, it is which is more reliable or which has a longer life.
Pictures: Lenovo:
https://ibb.co/MMPxR2K Msi: https://ibb.co/PrWcLgB

Last edited:
Solution
Lenovo is much more powerful, but both will game well.

Reliability and longevity are virtually impossible to predict.

Least errors have more to do with software, and that would be the same for both machines.
1. Longer life how? If it means what I think it does, it will depend on your use case. Eg. just using the PC for Excel will last a lot longer than using the PC to play the latest AAA games.

2. Reliability in what sense? No-one can really predict whether a specific component will become faulty. If unlucky even a newly bought sealed electronic equipment can be faulty when using it for the first time. At best you may want to look at the provided warranty and customer service of the companies involved. You should also consider basic maintenance to give it more chance of it being reliable.

3. Least errors, and in updating the OS? Given the various intricacies of updates there's no way to guarantee less errors or issues, especially as it varies from user to user. At best you could try delaying updates and see if there are any reports of problems associated with a particular update. Similarly with drivers.

4. And what exactly are the prices of the two you've listed? Or what is the budget you're considering? You provide no indication of budget and currency.

Reactions: Ahmed.K

Ahmed.K

Prominent
Jul 9, 2019
1. Longer life how? If it means what I think it does, it will depend on your use case. Eg. just using the PC for Excel will last a lot longer than using the PC to play the latest AAA games.

2. Reliability in what sense? No-one can really predict whether a specific component will become faulty. If unlucky even a newly bought sealed electronic equipment can be faulty when using it for the first time. At best you may want to look at the provided warranty and customer service of the companies involved. You should also consider basic maintenance to give it more chance of it being reliable.

3. Least errors, and in updating the OS? Given the various intricacies of updates there's no way to guarantee less errors or issues, especially as it varies from user to user. At best you could try delaying updates and see if there are any reports of problems associated with a particular update. Similarly with drivers.

4. And what exactly are the prices of the two you've listed? Or what is the budget you're considering? You provide no indication of budget and currency.
1. For normal browsing, and maybe also Microsoft office, and small games(only sometimes I will play big games)

2. Both have 2 years warranty has a longer life time, meaning that the desktop which can work perfectly even after 10 years(the desktop which has components which get the least chance of becoming faulty)

3. I mean that sometimes in the website you can see errors coming for people buying it and all of the sudden errors come, (e.g "I purchased this computer today, and it is showing a blank/black screen")

4. Prices are almost the same[For the model I might buy]

I need a desktop which has a longer life time, meaning that even after 5 years it will be working fine(the components of the computer should have the least chance of getting faulty)

As mentioned, no-one can guarantee a trouble free usage experience. Software bugs/glitches can occur randomly. Hardware you can at least do some maintenance.

As a side concern, I'd lean towards Lenovo in terms of branding. Simply because Lenovo is a system integrator which took over IBM's business and also heavily enterprise involved, thus selling larger volumes of PCs. One would hope this means their products are more 'reliable' as a result (though again, there's no guarantee).

And there's a sense that a more powerful system now will last a bit longer due to software updates and demands. And depending how you browse the internet, more RAM is definitely better.