[SOLVED] MSI R9 290x Gaming does Not work With new motherboard?

May 7, 2020
Hello, first of all sorry for my bad English.
i have a problem with my new build pc.
i have an MSI B450 a pro Max with a Ryzen 5 2600 an g skill aegis RAM. The problem is that the system won’t boot correctly with my R9 290x Gaming (the card works fine I used it on my old system and testet it again 5 mins ago) but the pc keeps restarting when I use this GPU (the fans never go of) if I’m lucky it shows the post screen then some pink or violet bars appear for a second and windows starts. Sometimes it reboots then and sometimes i get to the login page when I press enter, black screen and again the post screen or sometimes nothing .I also testet 2 other GPUs from a friend that does not need these PCI-E pins (don’t know the name of it) and it worked fine. Then I thought it would be the motherboard or ram or something so I called a friend he has a AS Rock B450 pro 4 and also a Ryzen 5 2600 plugged in my gpu and the same problem it does not start.
so it has to be the GPU but why does it work on my old system ? :(

I also updated the bios too the newest version.
anyone knows what it could be :(

May 7, 2020
Corsair VS650 is a poor choice for a GPU that consumes up to 300w. How old is that power supply? I wouldn’t use it at all, but if it’s around 3 years old you need to dump it fast.
It’s about a year and a half old got it With my pc (the pc was a present) what PSU would u recommend ? And can the PSU really be the problem ? Like I said it works on the old system (Same PSU).