MSI Reveals the Availability of its G-Series Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Yeah, they look great, but the color scheme should have been different. ASUS ROG covers the need for red/black themes. Black PCB with white heatsinks would have been nice since there is a rise in popularity with White/X color themes and black can blend in with just about any color.

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Yeah, they look great, but the color scheme should have been different. ASUS ROG covers the need for red/black themes. Black PCB with white heatsinks would have been nice since there is a rise in popularity with White/X color themes and black can blend in with just about any color.[/citation]
White is good looking! Silver color may also look good, or green if you are an nVidia fan.

gamers can "enjoy [their] Gaming motherboard without paying for features you'll never use.
features like decently featured, detailed, informative and easy to use uefi, 4 pin fan headers, quality power delivery, sturdy pcb, reliability and longevity.
This evidently allows the company to "provide true Gaming motherboards in segments the market has never seen before."
the keyword is never.

janetonly42

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Yeah, they look great, but the color scheme should have been different. ASUS ROG covers the need for red/black themes. Black PCB with white heatsinks would have been nice since there is a rise in popularity with White/X color themes and black can blend in with just about any color.[/citation]
Agree, I like the green myself. Have an MSI 560Ti with 2x big fans, works great.

shadowfamicom

Honorable
May 2, 2012

Yeah I agree. Would be great if they made boards with new color schemes in general. Though would really love it if they made more black motherboards. It is one of the reasons I was drawn to MSI's x79 board the "Big Band X-Power II". Remove the silly bullet heatsink and its a board that goes with any color scheme I throw at it. But honestly not going to sacrifice features for looks, to an extent atleast.

Until they have received proper reviews, especially concerning the quality of the VRMs, I will assume they are lower quality. I realize that is prejudice against MSI, but it will collapse under the weight of any evidence to the contrary. Too many people I know still cuss their name, and there's that public VRM spreadsheet (I can't access at work) calling out the lousy VRMs on a lot of their boards. Pending reviews, no thanks.

fat_panda

Honorable
Aug 14, 2012
It's nice to see black and red motherboard that will not cost $300+ dollars. I hope they keep the black and blue as well as black and yellow on the big bang.

Status
Not open for further replies.