Question MSI RTX 3080 white vga light and no display ?

Daani37

Prominent
Aug 9, 2021
Hi All,

I have the following issues I built my pc and everything functioned perfectly fine for a few months then randomly my display went blank but my pc was still powered on. I restarted my pc and saw my display artifacting. I then restarted my pc and all I got was a white vga light on the mobo and pc fans spinning fast and no display.

I have tried everything from reinstalling the gpu, clearing cmos, bios update, reinstalling gpu drivers. Full windows reinstall.
When I use the pc directly plugged into mobo using the intel graphics it works flawlessly.

my specs are as follows

intel i7 12700k
ASUS rog strix z690 motherboard
64GB 3600mhz Corsair ram
Corsair 850w Gold PSU
M.2 and ssd
Monitor is Samsung odyssey G9
MSI RTX 3080 10Gb

many help would be appreciated I sent it to ebuyer in the uk where I purchased it and they say they can’t find the fault as soon as I got the card back I had the issue appear the next day and for 3 weeks I was using the pc with integrated graphics without a single issue

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
Looks like it is a dead graphics card.
You might try it in another system if possible to rule out a psu or a mobo problem to be sure yourself. Than you can film the problem and try to rma it

Daani37

Prominent
Aug 9, 2021
Looks like it is a dead graphics card.
You might try it in another system if possible to rule out a psu or a mobo problem to be sure yourself. Than you can film the problem and try to rma it

I don’t have another pc to test it in. MSI are not willing to accept an RMA directly which is frustrating. Are there any steps I can take that I have not thought of

7medd

Reputable
Nov 14, 2020
I don’t have another pc to test it in. MSI are not willing to accept an RMA directly which is frustrating. Are there any steps I can take that I have not thought of
Film the issue, send it to your ebuyer with the card. Insist that it is intermittent so they stress it enough to reproduce it. If the is a scenario where it always fails tell them about it.