MSI Talks More About Big Bang Marshal

Status
Not open for further replies.

nevertell

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]That board looks massive, but i don't know who would use 8 PCI-E slots.[/citation]

4-way sli watercooled 580's, a ssd, a soundcard, a RAID card and one for a misc. card, maybe a DVB-c/t/s or a physX card.

I can imagine it with 4 Ares cards and 2 RevoDrives... :) That'd make me drool all over the board......
Adding a 580 for physics and cuda.... will give the utlimate swimming pool kind of drool i think.....
Lets just hope the SB processor is capable of handling the stuff onboard....lol....
Yeah, Rabbit..... with a Howitzer.... I agree... totally.....

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
breaking news, finding your cuntry to could? cant get abowe 40c? then get your wherry own MSI motherboard smash in 8 nvidia 580cards and you to can own your wherry own dessert city.

vvhocare5

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2008
This is ridiculous. The P67 - like the P55 - has 16 PCI lanes total. You could probably do 2x top tier video cards before more than a couple of percentage points of loss sets in. But my question would be why buy this mb instead of an X58 IF you want very high end graphics? Slapping 4 GPUs (or more) in this is pretty lame...

ares1214

Splendid
[citation][nom]vvhocare5[/nom]This is ridiculous. The P67 - like the P55 - has 16 PCI lanes total. You could probably do 2x top tier video cards before more than a couple of percentage points of loss sets in. But my question would be why buy this mb instead of an X58 IF you want very high end graphics? Slapping 4 GPUs (or more) in this is pretty lame...[/citation]

Did you not read the article? Its likely using Fuzion Hydra or NF200 or something to that effect, considering it says,

"Based on Intel's new "Sandy Bridge" P67 chipset, the massive board supports a total of eight PCI-e slots, four of which can operate at x16 at the same time, or all eight at x8."

8 is not too much in my opinion. Its pretty much impossible for more than 4 cards. So you are at 4 slots right there. If they are double slot cards, or have cooling that just wont fit, your already beyond 4. Then add in any other cards, as in SSD, sound cards...8 sounds just right for the maxed out enthusiast. Its important to remember, this IS for the maxed out enthusiast. As always, im sure MSI will make a board with just 2 PCI slots and that doesnt cost $500.

noxxynova

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2011
The Motherboard looks gigantic. I appreciate that they are actually listening to users, however I wish it wasn't the top .5% of users.

Status
Not open for further replies.