Hello everyone,

first, PC specs:
x470 Gaming Plus
Ryzen 2600X
16 GB DDR Kingston KHX2133C14D4/8G
MSI Armor 2070 RTX
750W PSU SilentiumPC Supreme FM2 Gold
NVMe SSD drive, SATA SSD, SATA HDD

My PC today started to randomly fail POST with VGA Led on. The problem is that GPU isn't initialized properly - no display signal (yet monitor turns on), Mystic Light RGB stays in default state on GPU, but all fans are spinning, PC shutdowns instantly when power is pressed, so it's not getting past POST. I also tried changing GPU to some older 1050 Ti, same result. I also tried reverting any OC and UV settings and update BIOS to the latest one, changed something about idle current in bios. No difference also.
When I do however get PC to finally boot properly, there is no decrease in performance in games, GPU and CPU behave normally (no artifacts, freezes or fps drops). Temps stay below 70C for CPU and GPU.

I tried also unplugging USB peripherals, no difference. Plugged in 2nd CPU pwr connector, still nothing (haven't used that till today because it's not required and I undervolted CPU before anyway).

I am 1st owner of MOBO and PSU (I guess at least), setup is around 11-months old.

Any ideas? RMA PSU or MOBO?

Solution
In case anyone else stumbles upon this topic in the future, here's update:
Tested rig with 500 W borrowed from work (I love that IT dept <3) with 1050Ti. No satysfying results.

Solution:
I forgot that M2 NVMe drive utilizes PCI-e. Dying drive (6 months old... >.<) blocked GPU from initializing properly, resulting in VGA POST error. After unmounting drive, system boots properly - tested with multiple cold boots and warm boots.

Qwetaa

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
Hi, I'd firstly try testing a different PSU (borrow one, if possible).

Unfortunately, that's not possible - I don't have and don't know anyone with sufficient PSU, so I can only RMA the one installed or buy another one - yet I would like to avoid ending up with unused spare PSU.

Qwetaa

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
I suggest testing the third one too.
Yeah, but that would require full disassembly - not enough space in the case, so I will need full day for that.
I think that the best solution right now would be ordering online same PSU, swapping it, testing and then returning it and filling RMA for current one or MOBO, depending on the results. It's kind of a dick move, but I don't see other options tho.

Qwetaa

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
In case anyone else stumbles upon this topic in the future, here's update:
Tested rig with 500 W borrowed from work (I love that IT dept <3) with 1050Ti. No satysfying results.

Solution:
I forgot that M2 NVMe drive utilizes PCI-e. Dying drive (6 months old... >.<) blocked GPU from initializing properly, resulting in VGA POST error. After unmounting drive, system boots properly - tested with multiple cold boots and warm boots.

Solution